Known for its many health benefits, flax seeds are also effective for weight loss. If you have some extra pounds, discover our tea recipe to detoxify your body and lose some weight.
Flaxseeds: a concentrate of health benefits
Besides being used in textile, flax also has great nutritional and dietary value, especially the seeds. The seeds are rich in soluble fiber and essential minerals such as iron, calcium, sodium and phosphorus. They are also an excellent source of omega-3, linoleic acid, proteins and enzymes. This seed is very effective in reducing body fat and elimination of toxins.
They improve the metabolism, regulate the appetite and reduce the sugar level in the blood. Flax seeds can also lower the cholesterol levels in the blood and reduce blood pressure. Moreover, these seeds facilitate intestinal transit and are often recommended in colitis.
Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids; they stimulate the glands and promote the removal of excess fat and toxins in the body, making it an excellent slimming food, which can help you in your weight loss process.
Flaxseed tea to lose weight
You want to refine your silhouette and lose a few pounds accumulated during the winter? Drink flax seeds tea to reach your weight loss goal! Very effective, it will stimulate the fat burning process while providing your body with the essential nutrients it needs. Flaxseed possesses very beneficial active components to improve the vital functions of the body in general.
How to prepare your flaxseed slimming tea?
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 cup of water
- In a cup of cold water, add ground flax seed and let it stand for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Next thing you do, just boil the mixture for 5 minutes and then strain.
- If you want to improve the taste, you can add mint leaves, chamomile, pounded quince seeds, etc., to the drink.
- For best results, you should drink two to three cups of this tea a day. Take the first drink in the morning on an empty stomach and the next drinks, half an hour before each meal.
If you regularly consume flaxseed tea, you will also significantly improve the quality of your skin and make it smoother, softer and healthier. So when you lose weight, you skin will stay toned and will not loosen and sag.
What are the other uses of flax seeds?
- In order to improve the functioning of the kidneys and eliminate gallstones, mix one tablespoon of ground flax seed in water or fruit juice (drink before breakfast and before bedtime).
- To treat various inflammations such as ulcers, sore breasts or infected wounds, you can prepare a paste by mixing one tablespoon of ground flax seeds, a few drops of flexseed oil and a little lukewarm water. Mix well. Then, apply the resulting mixture to the painful area. Wrap with gauze so that the skin soaks it well. Repeat this step two to three times a day.
- If you are prone to hemorrhoids or persistent cough, eating a tablespoon of flaxseed oil is very beneficial to treat these symptoms and heal quickly.
- Also, if you want to accelerate the healing of a wound or burn, rub a little flexseed oil on the sensitive and painful area. The effect is guaranteed.
Flaxseed oil is forbidden for people taking medications such as painkillers, anticoagulants, drugs to treat cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension or hormonal treatments.
Flax seeds are not recommended for children under 6 years, for people who have diverticula in the intestine because they cause inflammation, as well as people suffering from thyroid disorders. Advice with your doctor before consuming flaxseed.
Via Healthy Food House