Want to get rid of the smell of stale smoke at home or from odors in your car? Here’s how to prepare a natural deodorant to freshen the air!
Who doesn’t want their house to be clean and feel fresh? But the products commonly used for cleaning the furniture, sports equipment and refreshing air deodorants are made from chemicals and toxic substances, and their effect is not sustainable because they only mask the odors.
Do not spend your money to obtain dangerous deodorants that can harm your health and the health of your family! You can prepare your own natural deodorant to freshen the smell of your home and get rid of unwanted odors!
Here’s how to prepare a natural deodorant with only 3 ingredients and without side effects on your health:
- 1 spray bottle
- 4 cups of hot water
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 4-5 drops of essential oil of your choice (lavender, lemon, vanilla …)
- In the bottle, pour the water and add the baking soda and essential oil (not more than 5 drops just to give enough scent to the mixture).
- Then shake the bottle to mix the ingredients. Your natural deodorant is ready!
Why this natural deodorant is so effective?
Disinfectant and antibacterial, essential oils kill bacteria and germs. Thanks to their antiseptic and deodorant properties, they help to clean and refresh the air in your home. Prefer them to avoid the use of chemicals and unhealthy air fresheners!
Baking soda is one of the most used products for cleaning, beauty and cooking. This white powder is characterized by a particular structure that can trap and neutralize unwanted odors. On the other hand, its use helps reduces the spread and development of fungi and bacteria and unwanted odors!
Note that baking soda is also effective for bleaching linen, degreasing surfaces, cleaning the toilet, removing traces of pesticides in fruits and vegetables. The list of its uses at home is still long!
- It is imperative to dilute your essential oil, regardless of use.
- Before spraying your natural deodorant in your home, do a test on the back of the hand, spraying a small drop on the skin, to see if any adverse effects occur (abnormal reaction, redness, etc.). If an allergic reaction occurs, discontinue use of essential oils. Indeed, the latter can cause very severe allergies in some individuals.
- When using this natural deodorant, avoid direct contact with eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Remember to wear rubber gloves!
- Essential oils are strictly not recommended for children, pregnant women and animals, as they can cause health problems (poisoning by inhalation or ingestion).
Use a mixture of hot water and baking soda (without essential oil), in case of doubt.