Losing weight is not an easy task. To achieve this, it is important to pay attention to your diet and have a regular physical activity. Some natural remedies can help you speed up this process. Here is a homemade recipe that will help you burn up to 50% of the ingested calories!
Several factors can hide behind weight gain, including:
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Hormonal disorders
- Stopping smoking
- Specific medical treatment
However, here is a very beneficial recipe for the body that will help you prevent weight gain.
An effective recipe to burn calories after a meal
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey (organic)
Cut the grapefruit in half (do not peel) and scoop up the pulp and put it in a blender. Add honey and mix well. You can consume this drink all day long.
Grapefruit: side effects
Before we mention the benefits, be aware that grapefruit is a fruit which can have side effects in certain people. Indeed, a study by Dr. David Bailey proves that the consumption of this fruit along with taking certain drugs can cause serious problems. Grapefruit contains an active compound, furanocoumarin, which inhibits the functioning of an enzyme called CYP3A4 contributing to drug metabolism in the body. Therefore, if you follow a specific treatment, and you consume grapefruit, it will not have the expected effect. Consult your doctor before eating.
Grapefruit is a fruit rich in vitamins (A, B, C, D, E) and minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, copper and iron that are necessary for the proper functioning of the body. It is also rich in antioxidants that neutralize free radicals. These attack healthy cells in the body, promote the onset of disease and accelerate the aging process.
Thanks to its high content of vitamin C, grapefruit helps boost the metabolism by lowering the level of glucose in the blood, which saves you the urge to snack. Furthermore, a study at the University of California shows that grapefruit is a very effective fat burner. Indeed, it contains an antioxidant called naringenin which would be very beneficial for people with diabetes or overweight. The scientists studied the cases of people who suffer from obesity by offering to drink a glass of grapefruit juice before each meal. After three months, they noticed that the volunteers had lost between 10 and 30 pounds.
Honey is rich in vitamins and minerals that strengthen the immune system and prevent many diseases. It is a natural sugar that takes longer to digest and provides a feeling of fullness that will help you avoid the urge to snack. It is also very popular among athletes because it provides sustained energy throughout the day. During your slimming diet, do not hesitate to replace sugar with honey, but don’t abuse it!
For effective and sustainable weight loss it is important to combine this drink with a healthy diet and regular physical activity. For people who can’t consume this drink, here’s another recipe for weight loss:
Another drink to burn calories
- 1 lemon
- Grated ginger (1 inch)
- 1 cucumber
- 8 glasses of distillated water
In a jug, pour water and add slices of lemon, cucumber and fresh ginger. Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator and consume a glass of this drink before each meal. Follow a treatment of 10 days and make a 15-day break. You can repeat this treatment 3-4 times per year.
Benefits of the ingredients:
- Cucumber is mainly composed of water; it is rich in dietary fiber that provides a sense of lasting satiety and promotes good digestion.
- Ginger is a very effective diuretic that helps eliminate toxins and purify the body. It promotes weight loss by activating thermogenesis, a process by which the body draws on its fat reserves to restore its normal temperature. However, this spice is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, persons with diabetes, or heart problems.
- Lemon is the slimming ally par excellence, it is rich in fiber that provides a feeling of satiety lasting all day and contains vitamin C which boosts metabolism. A study at the University of Joagakuen Sugiyama in Japan proved that this citrus fruit contains antioxidants called polyphenols that play an important role in burning fat.