What Happens if your Home is (Too) Humid?

Sometimes you can’t see or smell mold, but you should know that it spread in your home and can be the main reason for many diseases. Mold can have a very negative influence on your life. But the question is how to notice this problem? In this article you can read and find out what disease are caused by mold.

A regular doctor can’t you be of great help, since nowadays medicine believes that exposure to mold does not represent a health hazard. However, it is very difficult to find out if you have a problem with toxic mold.

What is mold?

Mold is a type of fungi that can be found everywhere in our environment and is an important component of house dust. It reproduces by generating tiny spores that are dispersed over large areas and survive on the energy extracted from the decaying organic matter. It is usually found in damp, warm and confined or poorly ventilated areas, such as kitchens, bathrooms, attics, etc.

It can also move by sticking to the fur of your pet, your clothes, shoes, books, papers, carpets, furniture and even travel through the air ventilation systems. Present in normal amounts, mold is not harmful to the human health, but when it exceeds a certain threshold, it becomes a real danger, especially for people who already suffer from respiratory or heart problems, asthma, allergies and even for very young children.

Why mold presents a problem?

The toxicity of mold falls into the category of diseases caused by biotoxins, called Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. To better explain, we will refer to Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker who has written 8 books on mold. This famous American doctor is a leader in the research and study of diseases related to biotoxins. He says that the CIRS as an acute and chronic systemic response comes after exposure to water by polluted environment with toxic organisms such as bacteria, fungi, actinomycetes and other agentsinflammatoires.

This syndrome is characterized by 4 simple clinical elements:

  • A body temperature below 96.8 ° or greater than 100.4 °;
  • A heart rate greater than 90 beats per minute,
  • A breathing rate of 20 per minute;
  • Leukocytosis: increased white blood cell count in the blood.

People most likely to have the disease than others

Dr. Shoemaker says that 24% of people are sensitive to the toxicity of mold, and this sensitivity is that they have the gene for the immune response. Once exposed to a large amount of mold, the immune system loses control and causes acute inflammation that may have several symptoms such as fog-like sensation, memory loss, poor concentration, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, change in appetite, cramps and muscle and joint pain, irritation and blurred vision.

Therefore if you suffer from these symptoms without knowing the exact cause, it would be better to do a clinical test to screen for diseases caused by mold and which, if left untreated, can cause DNA disorders in genetic heritage.

Source: greenbuildingadvisor.comfsec.ucf.edu

 

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
wpDiscuz