With age, the efficiency of our brain decreases, and, unfortunately, it is inevitable – as many researchers believe this causes Alzheimer’s disease. But scientists at the Rush University Medical Center (Chicago) argued that the aging process of the brain is reversible!
They conducted a series of surveys in which participated elderly people 80 years of age, and found that there are products that improve brain function. Moreover, the cognitive function of the subjects not only significantly increased, but also it delayed the aging for about 10 years. What good news!
Food for the brain
The products that rejuvenate the brain are divided into 15 categories. Those that are included in the top 10, you can eat almost as much as you want, but the products of the remaining 5 categories should be strictly consumed in limited quantities.
- Walnuts – a handful 5 times a week.
- The greens, green vegetables – unlimited number.
- Vegetables – at least 1 serving per day.
- Bean – two or more servings per week.
- Poultry – 2 times a week.
- Olive oil – constantly for salads.
- Fish – 1 time per week.
- Dry red wine – ½ cup per day.
- Strawberry – at least two times a week.
- Whole grain bread – instead of bread.
- Red meat – no more than 3 times a week.
- Desserts and sweets – no more than 4 times a week.
- Hard cheese – up to 3.5 oz per week.
- Butter – no more than 1 tbsp a day.
- Fried foods – 1-2 times a week.
Are you surprised to see red wine on the list? The fact is that the grape skin contain resveratrol – a wonderful antioxidant that supports normal hormone levels, helps to fight cancer, rejuvenates the cells of the body. So, add to your tasty and healthy dinner a glass of dry red wine!
Another prerequisite for improving the functioning of the brain is moderate physical activity. Do not forget to tell your friends about it!
References: cbsnews.com, spicylife.net