A healthy mouth speaks volumes about your personal hygiene and your health. Poor oral hygiene gives germs and bacteria perfect environment for their development, and allows them the opportunity to grow in your body and infect it. To prevent the risk of such contamination, here is a recipe for natural toothpaste that will allow you to have a healthy mouth, white teeth and fresh breath!
Dentists always attempt to draw our attention to the importance of good oral hygiene, but our daily habits and our unbalanced diet make it otherwise. Consuming too fat or too sweet foods and irregular brushing of the teeth promote the accumulation of dental plaque and allow bacteria to multiply freely in our mouths and bodies. It is also one of the reasons why we are often prone to inflammation and infection.
To help preserve the health of your mouth naturally, here is a recipe for homemade toothpaste that will help remove the plaque, whiten the teeth and freshen your breath.
Natural toothpaste recipe
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil
Thoroughly mix all ingredients until a smooth paste. Then brush your teeth with this mixture for at least 2 minutes before rinsing your mouth. This toothpaste is to be used several times daily.
Benefits of the ingredients:
- Turmeric: this spice is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Used in a toothpaste, it eliminates the bacteria responsible for plaque buildup, tooth decay and bad breath. Turmeric also helps healing of your inflamed gums and improves their appearance. Moreover, despite its yellow color, its effective whitening effect will allow you to regain a radiant smile.
- Coconut oil: very beneficial to the body, it strengthens the immune system. This oil is also known for its effectiveness against pathogenic oral bacteria. Its antibacterial effect allows it to kill bacteria in your mouth that are primarily responsible for tooth and gum problems.
- Peppermint essential oil: it has powerful anti-infection and anesthetic properties. It is used to treat gum irritation and prevent their recurrence, while relieving the pain that can accompany dental problems such as tooth decay or periodontitis. Its strong smell also helps you get rid of halitosis and have a fresh breath for a long time.
To prevent the occurrence of dental and health problems in general, be careful with the diet that has to be balanced, healthy, than drink enough water for proper hydration of the body and adopt good hygiene habits.