Nowadays, almost everyone complains of back pain. The modern lifestyle requires from us to sit for several hours, either in front of the screens or in the car. Our shoulders and our backs suffer and sometimes it becomes very painful. Do not panic! With this simple trick, you will solve this problem permanently.
What causes back pain?
Back pain and shoulder pain can sometimes be excruciatingly intense and spread to other parts of the body (arms, neck …), cause headaches or dizziness. Several factors can cause a sore back, for example:
- Large size of the body: large size people tend to over-lean forward, which continually strains their back muscles and causes contractures and back pain.
- Poor posture: it creates a muscular imbalance in the back that causes the pain.
- Weak muscles: prolonged sitting or heavy lifting weaken the back muscles and cause crowding of the vertebrae.
- Genetic predisposition: if one of your parents suffers from back pain, you are very likely to suffer also.
- Improper hydration: if you do not drink enough water, pulpy discs which separate the vertebrae and give the spine its flexibility lose their volume. This results in a crushing of the vertebrae and a pinched nerves or the spinal cord, a particularly painful phenomenon, often unbearable.
- Unbalanced diet: Eating food too high in protein or saturated fat foods impact your back because they promote the accumulation of fat and hinder the renewal of muscle tissue, ligaments, etc.
- Smoking: smoking alters the vessels responsible for providing the necessary nutrients to the intervertebral discs. This lack of nutrients leads to a decrease in bone mass and an increased risk of vertebral fractures.
How to relieve back pain?
To remedy this problem, here is a simple and effective tip that will allow you to relieve your back pain while you sleep:
All you need is a thick cotton towel or linen. Wrap it on itself, place it over your shoulders at the base of your scalp, and lie down on it. You can sleep on your back or side. Keep it overnight. The next day you wake up rested, relaxed and mostly painless.
To cure back pain and prevent its recurrence in the long term, you must ensure regular physical activity that helps to strengthen, tone and relax the back and neck muscles. It is also important to adopt an upright and comfortable posture, and a few steps or movements during the day to limit the adverse effects of sitting. All this accompanied with the vital role of a healthy, balanced diet and adequate hydration.