Besides the aesthetic problem, weight gain can be a serious health hazard. Indeed the fat accumulation can cause serious disorders such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems, etc. Here is the recipe for a tea that you will help you lose 6 pounds in a week!
A recipe for weight loss
- 4 cups of water
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Pour the water into a saucepan and boil for a few minutes. Then add all other ingredients and let it stand for several minutes until the mixture cools. Drink the mixture three times a day before each meal, you can add Stevia if you want. Drink this tea every day for 2 weeks, and you can repeat the treatment two or three times a year, max.
Benefits of the ingredients:
- Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that prevents fat accumulation. It has a high content of vitamin C which stimulates the metabolism and strengthens the immune system. In addition, its fiber content, including pectin slows down the digestion of food and offers a sustainable and effective satiety.
- Ginger is a powerful diuretic; it promotes weight loss by increasing the body temperature. Therefore, to restore the original temperature, the body draws on its fat stores. However, this spice is not recommended for people suffering from blood disease, diabetics, pregnant or lactating women.
- Cayenne pepper is a very effective slimming ally rich in capsaicin and it has the ability to increase the body temperature, promoting fat burning and prevent the accumulation of fat tissue. In addition, some studies have shown that this spice stimulates the metabolism by 25%, 3 hours after its consumption. However, this ingredient is not recommended for people who suffer from hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome or active peptic ulcer.
- Finally, turmeric is a spice with many benefits. Very popular with specialists in Ayurvedic medicine, it is used to treat diseases such as arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory problems, etc. Its antioxidant content eliminates toxins which attack healthy cells in the body and promotes weight loss. This spice is however not recommended for people who have gallstones, kidney stones, pregnant or nursing women, or people who have to undergo surgery.
Remember that a healthy diet and a regular exercise are essential for a sustainable and effective loss of weight.
Besides weight loss, this drink (without cayenne pepper) can help prevent other disorders, including:
Cardiovascular disease: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of turmeric and ginger cleanse the blood vessels in depth and prevent heart disease.
Prevent diabetes: turmeric helps in lowering blood sugar with a compound called curcumin.
Prevent cancer: the antioxidant content of turmeric helps prevent certain cancers. A study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry in 2011 indicated that curcumin helps inhibit a rare form of cancer called glioblastoma. Scientists have discovered that this component reduced the tumor by 81% in mice.