The banana is a great ally for insomniac people because its tryptophan content helps relax and sleep better.
We all want to have a better sleep because a good rest is synonymous with well-being and health. But … how to naturally fall asleep without resorting to drugs?
You will not be surprised to learn that the insomnia problem is among the most common in the world.
Sometimes factors such as joint pain, stress and even the abuse of new technologies can undoubtedly generate a bad rest.
The fact to improve the quality of sleep one must adapt certain habits before going to sleep which can be a great help.
Similarly, natural drinks that we will present in the following article may help you relax and sleep better. We invite you to give them a try.
Almond milk and honey
We regularly talk about the benefits of a spoonful of honey before bed to enjoy a deep and restful sleep.
- A glass of warm milk with a little honey is a natural resource that we have already tried. Since everyone does not digest dairy products well, it is possible to replace cow’s milk with almond milk.
- Almonds are rich in tryptophan and magnesium, two substances that promote sleep when combined with honey.
- Honey helps increase the insulin levels in the blood, and stimulate the production of tryptophan in the brain.
In this way, it brings a good dose of serotonin to relax and encourages a better rest.
• 1 spoonful of honey
• 1 cup almond milk
• First, heat the milk. It should be warm but not too hot. Remember that hot drinks are not very good for the liver.
• Add the tablespoon of honey and drink the drink half an hour before going to bed. It will allow you to sleep better.
Oatmeal and banana milk
We know that the banana is not appreciated by everyone, and especially at night.
- However, if one chooses a banana not too ripe and mixes it with a glass of oatmeal drink, it will feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Like honey, bananas are rich in tryptophan and releases large doses of serotonin.
- Also, oats, warm is an excellent mediator for rest. Keep this in mind!
• 1 banana not too ripe
• 1 cup of oatmeal drink
It is very simple. Simply heat the cup of oatmeal drink and put it in a blender together with the banana. Consume this drink about an hour before bedtime.
Tart Cherry juice
Delicious, full of vitamins and relaxing, tart cherry juice is a medicinal remedy for sleep and fights against insomnia.
- Here, the secret is not in the tryptophan, but in the melatonin, a substance secreted by the pineal gland, which allows us to regulate many of our cycles, for example, that of sleep.
- Sleep experts advise us to take two drinks a day: first in the afternoon and a second two hours before going to bed.
The effect is cumulative and will get a higher level of antioxidants, caring for the heart and liver health.
- You can find this natural juice at the supermarket or prepare it yourself during the cherry season, mixing a glass of water and 10 cherries in the blender.
Infusion of valerian, passionflower and lemon balm
- You can find this wonderful combination in any health store. Valerian is one of the most powerful plants in terms of sedative and anxiolytic properties.
- The combination of valerian, passionflower and lemon balm facilitates the sleep and prevents waking up frequently during the night.
- These plants have relaxing properties for the muscles and stop the contractions produced by tension.
• ½ teaspoon of powdered valerian
• ¼ teaspoon of dried lemon balm
• ¼ teaspoon of dried passionflower
• 1 glass of water
• Prepare the infusion in 20 minutes. Simply put warm water and leave to infuse the ingredients for 10 minutes.
• Let it stand for 10 minutes extra, strain and pour it into your favorite cup.
• For this remedy to be effective, it must be consistent and have a cup every night.
Finally, just choose a remedy from those mentioned here, to get a better sleep.
It is also important to go to bed the same time every night, and disconnect all electronic devices 2 hours before going to bed.