To deal with slow thyroid problems, you need a suitable diet with alkaline foods to complement the medical treatment and strengthen the immune system.
Slow thyroid problems are known as hypothyroidism. It is a disease that mainly affects women, and has no early symptoms.
Gradually, it is common to notice a weight gain, fatigue, joint pain, hair loss or weakness in the nails.
The thyroid function can be controlled by medication, hence the need to consult a doctor to help you find a suitable treatment that best fits your needs.
Since thyroid hormones regulate essential functions for our health, it is important to know some simple natural remedies that improve the endocrine function.
In this article, we’ll give you four good advices.
The power of the seeds to treat hypothyroidism
This is one of the most important advices: you must moderate the consumption of carbohydrates in the diet.
In reality, it is not to eliminate them completely, but limit them, because they are important sources of energy for our body.
Indeed, in the case of people who have a slow thyroid gland, this is what happens:
- They often want to consume carbohydrates due to a deficiency of serotonin, a neurotransmitter linked to the sense of calm and enjoyment.
- Excessive consumption of carbohydrates can cause health consequences such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
It is necessary to consume foods that give you energy and allow you to regulate the thyroid gland.
The following seeds are fully adapted for this:
• Flex seeds
• Sesame seeds
• Chia seeds.
These are the best natural remedies to treat hypothyroidism and to lose weight.
The great benefits of coconut oil
The underactive thyroid gland appreciates regular consumption of coconut oil consumed.
In addition to regulating the thyroid, it strengthens the immune system to deal with the symptomatology, such as weight gain.
- Coconut oil is very rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes, able to raise our defenses to cope with many diseases.
- It improves digestion, and allows better absorption of nutrients.
- It regulates cholesterol.
- It helps against the oxidative processes generated by the tension hormone deficiency. The skin is more elastic.
- It helps strengthen hair and nails.
Yes to an alkaline diet
It is always important to combine the drugs prescribed by the doctor with good habits such as exercising, controlling stress and anxiety, and a balanced diet.
An alkaline diet is synonymous with health and wellness. It regulates the function of all organs and balances the pH level and the thyroid gland.
Here is a list of the most alkaline foods that exist:
• Olive oil
Remedy with honey and walnuts for slow thyroid
A key function of the thyroid is to secrete hormones like thyroxine and triiodothyronine.
A good balance between the two is reflected in metabolism, and it can be obtained through a proper diet.
Two of the best foods to get are walnuts and honey.
Walnuts are rich in selenium, a trace element that allows adequate covering of iodine deficiencies.
The best walnuts to regulate the function of the thyroid and to balance the level of selenium in the body are the green walnuts.
Honey is very rich in omega-6 fatty acids and helps regulate many hormonal processes and restore the energy losses due to a sluggish thyroid.
• 40 green walnuts
• 2 pounds organic honey
• A large glass jar with a sealable top
• First, get some green walnuts (they can be found in specialized natural stores or online), cut them in half and chop them a bit with a knife.
• Put them in the glass jar you then completely fill with honey.
• Let the walnuts macerate for 10 days. After the elapsed time, you can consume it.
• The ideal is to take two tablespoons of honey and 3 whole nuts in the morning.
Are you ready to do this? These remedies will help you counteract the effects of a sluggish thyroid.
Sources: draxe.com, mindbodygreen.com, acidalkalinediet.net