If you want to relieve knee pain, you should consume this smoothie every day until the condition improves. If taken only for prevention, it is sufficient to consume it 2 or 3 times per week.
Knees play a very important role in our lives, because they give us the ability to move, stabilize us and be physically strong.
This is one of the more complex joints, because it is composed of very fragile ligaments and tendons, which can easily be damaged.
The deterioration of the knee due to age, genetic issues and trauma are factors that can generate difficulties to treat the lesions.
It is therefore essential to strengthen them through regular practice of physical activity and consumption of good quality nutritious foods.
While no one is immune to suffer an accident or illness, these good habits can at least reduce the risks.
Today we will propose a very healthy drink that, thanks to the properties of its ingredients, helps to improve the health and function of the knee.
This is a smoothie with oats, pineapple and cinnamon with anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants which help maintain the knees in perfect condition. Feel free to try it!
Oats, pineapple and cinnamon smoothie to strengthen the knees
The smoothie with oats, pineapple and cinnamon is rich in vitamins and other essential nutrients that strengthen the joints and prevent their wearing.
Its carbohydrate and fiber content is a great option to recharge the body with energy in times when it requires better physical and mental performance.
One of the great advantages is that it does not contain too many calories, which allows integration into any diet without the fear of gaining weight.
If it is regularly included in your diet, you’ll get a good nutritional support and reduced feelings of hunger and it will prevent unnecessary consumption of unhealthy foods.
Its main health benefits to the knees are due to its high content of potassium, magnesium and calcium, three minerals that strengthen the bones and joints.
Also here is the bromelain, contained in the pineapple: it is a very powerful enzyme involved in the digestion of proteins and reduces inflammation in the tissues.
According to research, this substance acts as an analgesic used to reduce the symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis and osteoarthritis.
On the other hand, cinnamon contains a biological compound named cinnamaldehyde, which has many anti-coagulant and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to prepare this smoothie with oatmeal, pineapple and cinnamon?
The ingredients of this medicinal smoothie are easy to find in the supermarket.
In addition to those already mentioned, you can add a little honey, orange and almonds to enhance the health properties of the drink.
• 1 pineapple
• 1 cup of water
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 cup instant oatmeal
• 1 cup of natural orange juice
• 4 tablespoons of crushed almonds
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• First, peel the pineapple and cut it into small cubes.
• Then, put the water to boil and add the honey when it comes to a boil.
• Cook the oatmeal slowly for a few minutes and let stand.
• When it is ready, add a cup of water and the pineapple chunks in a blender.
• Mix everything for a while and add honey, natural orange juice and crushed almonds.
• Mix again at high speed and add the cinnamon.
• Once it is ready, put it in the fridge to make it even more refreshing.
Way of consume it
How to consume this smoothie depends on your goal.
- If you have pain or inflammation in the knee, consume it every day, once or twice a day until you feel relief.
- If the objective is to prevent injuries and strengthen the joints, include it in your diet more or less two or three times a week.
To conclude, it is important to know that the health of the knees and other joints not only depend on this type of food supplements.
It is essential to have a balanced diet, and not to consume sugars, fats or processed foods.
Thus, to prevent deterioration of tendons and ligaments, avoid overexertion or improper movements.