Tea with lemon grass is a natural remedy with a strong detoxifying power, nutritious and very adapted to reduce the headache associated with tension and migraine headaches.
If you’ve never heard of lemongrass, we give you its scientific name Cymbopogon.
It is very popular in India and Mexico, and it smells very nice.
According to a study at Griffith University, Australia, lemongrass tea is very suitable in relieving intensive headaches.
It seems very interesting to share with you the information that you will certainly find very useful.
Lemongrass Tea: healthy and medicinal
For your curiosity we can tell you that the Aboriginal Australians used tea with lemongrass from time immemorial to relieve headaches and migraines. So much so that Australian universities found an interest to find out if its benefits were actually genuine. The research was led by Professor Lyn Griffiths, Dr Darren Grice and Dr Kelly Rogers. And what were the conclusions?
- The lemongrass plant has the same effect as an analgesic or anti-inflammatory drug to relieve pain related to migraine or headache.
- The study lasted 5 years and the findings were published in the academic journals confirming that the lemongrass can be a complementary remedy to the traditional medicine. Aborigines knew what they were doing when they sought lemongrass to treat their ailments of head.
Lemongrass: very suitable in cases of migraines
- Headaches and migraines are the cause of a type of abnormal activity in the brain, for example, altering levels of serotonin, which in turn also cause a change in the functioning platelets.
- If there is an excess of platelets, there is a risk that internal clots can form that threaten the proper oxygenation of the brain and, therefore, creates the risk of suffering from cerebrovascular accident.
- Citronella regulates platelet function by avoiding their accumulation and, in addition, it effectively controls the release of serotonin.
- We need its therapeutic properties eugenol, responsible for standardizing the operation of many of our basic functions.
- Citronella works like aspirin.
- In addition, through its power to “control” serotonin, it regulates the mood, appetite, sleep, muscle concentration and some cognitive functions, including memory. It is awesome.
Doctors sometimes tell us that the most ancient and traditional medicine based on this plant also contain basic elements that we use to treat many diseases and disorders.
Citronella is a natural detoxifier
This information is also interesting: lemongrass can eliminate these toxins and the harmful elements that accumulate in the brain and in the cardiovascular system.
It is capable of removing uric acid and to control the level of bad cholesterol or LDL.
Lemongrass is rich in nutrients
Lemongrass is rich in vitamins and minerals, especially all those of B group. In addition, it is rich in manganese, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
With this plant, in addition to preparing very therapeutic teas to relieve headaches and migraines, or to lower the fever, you can also prepared creams or soups to accompany various seafood.
It is very aromatic and gives a twist to the dishes.
Have a try!
How to prepare the tea with lemongrass to relieve headaches
You can find dried lemongrass to be infused into any natural store.
However, you can also use the plant in its natural form. In this case, you need a branch, then cut into small pieces to make the brew.
• 1 tablespoon of dried lemongrass (or a branch of the plant)
• 1 cup of water
• 1 teaspoon honey
• If you make your tea with dry plant, you will only have to infuse for 10 to 15 minutes. If you do it with the natural plant, you should make a decoction after 20 minutes.
• Then turn off the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes. Finally, filter and pour the contents into your favorite cup.
Sweeten with a little honey and drink slowly this savoring therapeutic tea. It will help reduce both the headache associated with tension.
This is a powerful natural supplement that should be taken into account.