When the body lacks vitamins or does not work properly, it has its own way of communicating. Indeed, the symptoms are the first indicators that you should look to see if you are healthy.
Recent studies have shown that women are most affected by this phenomenon. Typically, the jaw can click without causing pain. Many overlook this symptom but it may indicate the following:
- Vitamin B, zinc, vitamin B12, B2 and B3 deficiency
- The molars (teeth at the back of the mouth) are struggling to join when you bite
- Iron deficiency, anemia
- Bacterial infection
- Poor oral hygiene
It is advisable to promote a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals to boost your immune system and prevent disease. In addition, it is recommended not to neglect oral hygiene.
Skin problems and/or exaggerated hair loss
If you have small recurring skin problems, brittle nails and exaggerated hair loss, this may indicate a biotin deficiency. The latter is a vitamin that helps maintain proper body temperature, prevent hair loss, and keep the skin healthy and nails strengthen.
To remedy this deficiency, it is advisable to eat foods rich in biotin, such as bananas, avocado, almonds, tomatoes, carrots, eggs, salmon, oatmeal, etc.
However, several factors can cause hair loss:
- Illness or a severe surgery
- Thyroid disorder
- Some women notice hair loss in the three months following the birth of their baby
- Taking certain medicines or specific treatment (chemotherapy, drugs against depression, hypertension, etc.)
- Fungal infection (fungus)
- Some hairstyles that you practice frequently promote hair loss, such as the ponytail or long braids; from time to time keep your hair loose.
- Excessive use of hair care products
Numbness in the hands, feet and other body parts
The numbness is a slight feeling of paralysis affecting part or all of the fingers or other body parts. When they are rare, they are not dangerous. However, appearing repeatedly, it may indicate a B5, B6, B12 vitamin, potassium and calcium deficiency. These vitamins contribute to the proper functioning of the nervous system, including peripheral nerves, to prevent this kind of feeling. In addition, this may also indicate cramps, fatigue or muscle weakness.
It is therefore advisable to pay attention to your diet and promote the consumption of foods rich in B vitamins, such as spinach, beets, asparagus, shellfish and sunflower seeds.
To prevent the health problem, be sure to adopt a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, not forget to engage in regular physical activity.