Do you Have Brittle Nails? Try These Home Remedies to Get Naturally Strong Nails!
Brittle nails can be the result of poor health care, but can also indicate an internal disorder. Facing the slightest doubt, it is best to consult a specialist.
If your nails break easily, it is important to try natural remedies that will help you strengthen and improve their condition.
Feel free to do a medical check-up to verify the causes of your brittle nails and follow a suitable diet. In this article, we’ll explain everything to you.
Do you have brittle nails?
While you are doing the regular housework or whether you are working or playing with your kids, a nail may suddenly break when you take an object.
Symptoms or signs of brittle nails are:
• Reduced thickness
• Cracks in layers
The reasons why you may suffer from brittle nails are variable, even though the most common are:
If you don’t consume sufficient amounts of vitamins A and B, calcium, iron and zinc, it is very likely that your nails are brittle and break easily.
Decalcification problems occur with white markings around the cuticles. Pay attention to this sign.
If the body is weakened due to illness or depression, then the nails start to break.
Pathologies associated with anemia, rheumatism, thyroid or circulatory problems. Do not hesitate to go to the doctor so that you do a routine check-up.
For example, gardening without gloves and having contact with strong cleaning products can damage the outer layers of the nails. This is also what happens when one is in prolonged contact with water.
Similarly, if you permanently have nail polish, they cannot “breathe” or rest as necessary, so they will start to weaken even more. It is not good to file them constantly either.
Nail biting or putting them all the time into the mouth may cause weakness because of the saliva and cracks made with the teeth.
Home remedies to strengthen the nails
If your nail problem is due to lack of nail care and is not a health problem, you can use some home remedies to reverse the situation.
Among the most effective are:
Treatment with olive oil and lemon
Olive oil has many properties and is used for various cosmetic applications.
If your nails break easily and you do not know what to do to improve their condition, this recipe can be of great help.
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• In a small bowl, pour the olive oil and stir in the lemon juice.
• Wash and dry your hands thoroughly, especially the nail area.
• Put some of this mixture over the cuticles at night.
• Massage well, so that the liquid penetrates into the skin.
• Repeat the treatment 3 times a week and do not rinse.
• If you want, you can use almond oil or tea tree oil instead of olive oil.
Treatment with vinegar, olive oil and beer
The most effective home remedies are those which are prepared with foods that you probably have at home or that are very easy to obtain.
In this case, the recipe contains three ingredients that you probably have at home.
• 1 tablespoon of beer
• 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• In a bowl, put the beer at room temperature.
• Add the vinegar and olive oil and mix well to obtain a homogeneous liquid.
• Put your fingers in it after being washed and dried.
• Leave on for 15 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water.
Treatment with papaya and egg
The aesthetics properties of this tropical fruit are very interesting. If we add the enzymes and nutrients from the egg yolk, the result cannot be better.
This is an ideal treatment for broken nails, and even for rough hands.
• 2 tablespoons of papaya juice
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon almond oil
• In a bowl, put the papaya juice (it may be the fruit pulp, mashed well).
• Add the egg yolk and almond oil.
• Beat well together to obtain a smooth paste.
• Apply a little of this preparation on each nail with a gentle massage.
• Leave on for half an hour.
• Rinse with cold water.
Treatment with oils and honey
Among the more effective essential oils to improve the appearance of the nails, are castor and wheat germ oil.
Mixed with honey it is a perfect remedy for strengthening the nails.
• 2 tablespoons of castor oil
• 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
• 1 spoonful of honey
• In an empty nail polish container, put the two oils.
• Add honey, close and mix well.
• Apply with a brush, as if you polish the nails.
• Repeat every night before bedtime for a month.