Apple cider vinegar is highly prized for its health benefits. In addition, it is subject to various uses or to treat certain disorders, such as beauty care or to lose weight. However, there are situations where it is best to avoid it.
Situations in which you must avoid using apple cider vinegar:
- Never apply apple cider vinegar on waxed surfaces, because your furniture will lose the luster. However, apple cider vinegar can be useful if you use it to remove the old wax layers in order to apply a new coat of varnish.
- Never mix apple cider vinegar with bleach, this mixture is highly toxic to your health. The combination of apple cider vinegar with a chlorine-containing product liberates toxic gas harmful to the respiratory system, eyes and skin.
- Do not clean the egg residue with apple cider vinegar; you’ll notice that the task will become more difficult because proteins in the eggs will curdle.
- Do not use apple cider vinegar for marble tables or benches. It is acidic and can remove the protective layer of the tarnish and damage the stone.
- The screen of your laptop or computer should not be cleaned with apple cider vinegar. Its corrosive effect may damage the screen.
- Avoid cleaning your aluminum or cast iron pans with apple cider vinegar, because these materials can cause a reaction. However, you can use it to stainless steel or enameled cast iron pots and pans.
On the other hand, here are some situations where apple cider vinegar is very useful:
Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on your face. Its antibacterial properties will help cleanse the skin deep into the pores and get rid of excess sebum. It also promotes cell regeneration and therefore helps to remove acne scars.
A study at the University of Arizona published in the Journal of Functional Foods showed that a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in 1 cup of water would help stabilize sugar levels in the blood. This will prevent you from snacking. In addition, it is rich in dietary fiber to promote healthy digestion and provide a lasting feeling of satiety.
Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the wart. Secure it with an adhesive bandage and leave it overnight. Repeat this as many times as you can until the wart disappears.
Clean the fruits and vegetables
Apple cider vinegar is very effective for cleaning fruits and vegetables and to get rid of pesticides or chemicals applied before harvesting. Put them in a bowl containing water and apple cider vinegar, soak for few minutes and wash.
Reduce the taste of spices
If by some chance, you put too much pepper or cayenne pepper in a dish, add a small amount of apple cider vinegar, to mitigate their taste.
Image source: remediesforlife.info