They are annoying and sometimes painful, but plantar warts can be treated effectively with natural ingredients.
Plantar warts are very common, especially among young people. The use of swimming pools, gyms or public areas where the feet are in contact with wet surfaces, increases the risk of this problem.
What we must know is that plantar warts are caused by HPV or human papillomavirus.
And it is certain that the way to eradicate them is always done with a cold solution called sodium nitride, but when they are not serious you can start with simple home remedies.
We will present the benefits of using apple cider vinegar and lemon to treat this problem. However, if your plantar warts or those of on children persist, do not hesitate to see a good dermatologist.
Apple cider vinegar to treat plantar warts
The apple cider vinegar type that we will use for this treatment is pure and untreated, directly obtained from the fermentation of the fruit.
It is different from the one we use in the kitchen because it is more pure and has medicinal for local use.
The benefits of apple cider vinegar to treat plantar warts are based on the following principles:
- Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, which is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral, very effective in treating infections and viruses such as HPV or human papillomavirus
- The apple cider vinegar also promotes an alkaline environment to combat any virus, bacteria or harmful agent that makes the diseased skin. It restores the pH level and is very effective against plantar warts.
- Another information to be considered is its high content of alpha acid halides, capable of renewing the injured or infected skin with a virus such as HPV or human papillomavirus.
Lemon to treat plantar warts
As you already know, when the warts appear the dermatologists treat them with chemical exfoliations or injections in order to burn or freeze the virus that causes them. The process is painful but effective.
Another way to try to eliminate them, especially during their early stages (when it is only a wart and not a number of them that almost always grow in the form of a satellite or mosaic), it’s worth trying these natural remedies.
- Lemon juice is an option that can help the plantar wart to disappear in a few weeks.
The reason is based on the lemon acid components, which are also anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
- The use of lemon must be complemented by that of natural and organic apple cider vinegar for effective treatment.
How to carry out this treatment of plantar warts
First you must realize that the treatment will last about two weeks.
For this, you must be consistent and keep a careful hygiene during the treatment of plantar warts, because, in general, the virus that causes it is contagious.
You have to do this treatment every day in the morning and evening. So, after shower apply a piece of cotton dipped into apple cider vinegar on the plantar wart.
Hold it for about 15 minutes.
Application of lemon
Once the plantar warts are moistened with vinegar, apply a thin slice of lemon and leave its active ingredients in contact with the affected area.
- Hold it for about 5 minutes, then appropriately dry the sole of your foot.
In the first hour of the day, end the treatment by applying tea tree essential oil.
- Tea tree oil has great anti-bacterial properties that help treat warts and prevent their spread. If desired, another preventive option is to soak the inside of your shoes with a drop of this oil.
Once back home, carefully wash the feet. Remove any kind of moisture that would encourage the emergence of other bacteria.
Now, before going to bed, again apply apple cider vinegar on the plantar warts.
Then apply a slice of lemon on the injured area and secure it with a band-aid. Put a sock on and keep it overnight.
An alternative to the recommended lemon is garlic. It is also a good anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent which is very often used to cure the troublesome plantar warts.
References: naturalremedyideas.com, livestrong.com