The diuretic properties of parsley optimize the rinal function since it purifies the toxic substances from the kidneys, while providing vitamins and minerals.
Parsley is among the best known culinary herbs and one of the most present condiments in our dishes.
However, what many people don’t know is its effect on the health and especially on the kidneys which makes it a therapeutic plant.
If you want to cleanse your body and optimize the kidney function, find out why it is good to drink parsley water every day. We invite you to take note.
Parsley: an exceptional source of vitamin C
Parsley is native to the Mediterranean and Asian countries, two areas that use it for decades as medicinal remedy, since the Greeks discovered its health benefits.
Both Hippocrates and Galen explain in their treaties how to make parsley oil to treat kidney and heart problems, and how to cure cranial fractures with this plant due to its anti-inflammatory action.
Today, in this article, please try the medicinal parsley water to take care of your kidneys.
It is rich in nutrients
It is impressive to see how this everyday plant contains so much nutritional principles.
This humble vegetable is characterized by its richness in these nutrients:
• Parsley is one of the most powerful sources of vitamins: 100 grams contain 133 mg.
• To improve the quality of the blood and bones, feel free to drink a glass of parsley water.
• Parsley is rich in beta carotene, one of the most interesting immuno-conservationists.
• Did you know that parsley is a wonderful source of calcium? From 100 grams of parsley is obtained 138 mg calcium. This is very suitable in the case of deficiency of that mineral resource.
• So it is with the iron, parsley can replace or complement red meats.
• It is rich in fiber.
• Parsley contains boron, a mineral good to fight against the effects of menopause and osteoporosis.
Parsley and health of our kidneys
• This herb contains chlorophyll, a plant substance that, in addition to the antiseptic properties, offers a large amount of antioxidants to optimize the renal function.
• Parsley is one of the plants with stronger detoxifying and purifying action.
Thanks to its diuretic properties, it eliminates these substances that tend to accumulate in the kidneys and can make them sick.
• This natural drink treats inflammation in any area of the urinary tract, it fights against infections and eliminates bacteria.
How to make this parsley water?
Remedy No.1 to cleanse the kidneys
• 4 cups of water
• 5 tablespoons fresh parsley
• The first remedy has a purifying and detoxifying purpose. This is why you should use it for 3 or 4 consecutive days once a month.
• For this, the first thing to do is wash the parsley. Heat 4 cups of water and once it comes to a boil, add 5 tablespoons of the plant.
• Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes then turn off the heat and let it steep for 20 minutes.
• After filtering the content, drink a glass first thing in the morning and then another one 15 minutes before each meal. In this way, you will facilitate the digestion and nutrient absorption.
Remedy No.2 to purify and improve renal function
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 glass of water
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
• The second remedy is excellent if taken every morning.
• With this infusion, you will get a lot of antioxidants and vitamin C from the parsley and lemon to strengthen your immune system, purify the body and take care of the kidney and heart function.
•For this remedy it is sufficient to heat this glass of water and infuse the spoonful of parsley. Once it is ready, let it rest. Filter and add the juice of half a lemon.
Sweeten with honey if desired.
Side effects of parsley
• It is not good to consume parsley if you already suffer from kidney stones. This remedy purifies and nourishes the kidneys, but if one has kidney stones, it is best to avoid this plant!
• Do not consume excess parsley if you are pregnant.
• It is not recommended if you have peptic ulcers or gastritis.
• It is better not to give parsley water to children.