Many women suffer from painful and swollen legs, varicose veins and rosacea. These unsightly health problems may indicate a disturbance in the blood vessels. Focus on the best natural remedies to treat varicose veins and rosacea.
Varicose veins are abnormally enlarged veins of blue or violet color, which usually form in the legs.
Rosacea is a disease that mainly affects people with fair skin. This skin disease results from a disorder of the small blood vessels on the face.
The causes of varicose veins and rosacea
Like cellulite, causes of varicose veins and rosacea are numerous and differ from one woman to another. Varicose veins can develop due to prolonged standing, overweight, pregnancy, genes and age. Note that this condition primarily affects women. Secondly, rosacea can occur because of anomaly in the blood vessels (dilation of blood vessels on the face), or parasite known as demodex folliculorum (a mite that infests the face).
How to prevent varicose veins and rosacea?
To prevent varicose veins and rosacea, it is important to watch your diet. Indeed, some foods can cause the formation of these imperfections.
To protect your legs from varicose veins, opt for foods rich in vitamin C, zinc and selenium, as these nutrients limit the dilated veins that can cause varicose veins.
It is important to avoid consumption of bad fats (fried foods, cream, fatty meats …) and excessive amounts of sugar. Indeed, these products can cause inflammation and lead to formation of varicose veins.
On the other hand, focus on seeds, nuts, and foods rich in vitamin E. They prevent formation of blood clots and stimulate blood circulation.
Green leafy vegetables, papaya and peppers are recommended because they are rich in vitamin B and C, vital to strengthen the blood vessels.
To prevent rosacea, avoid foods high in histamine, such as seafood. Histamine is a substance found in certain foods and it is naturally produced by the body. It can cause expansion and relaxation of blood vessels, which may be one of the causes of rosacea.
The products rich in sugar, tea and coffee are also products that have to be limited, as these can cause dilation of blood vessels.
Here are 4 remedies to prevent varicose veins and rosacea:
Chestnuts and Brandy Lotion
• 10 chestnuts
• 2 cups of brandy
Preparation and use:
• Peel and chop the chestnuts and place them in a jar. Add the brandy, close the jar and leave it at room temperature for 3 weeks;
• Stir the content from time to time, and after three weeks, filter the mixture through a cheesecloth. Then pour this remedy for varicose veins and rosacea in another bottle;
• Use this natural product by combining it with a cream for external usage. Apply it in circular movements.
• 5 tablespoons lanolin wax
• 2 teaspoons of horse chestnut extract
• 2 tablespoons of chestnut tincture
• 3 tablespoons of St. John’s Wort
• 1 teaspoon beeswax
Preparation and use:
• Put the lanolin in a saucepan and add the chestnut tincture, extract of horse chestnut and St. John’s Wort;
• Heat over low heat, add the beeswax, and stir everything. Continue to cook over low heat until smooth;
• Pour your remedy for varicose veins in a jar, let it cool and then close it;
• Apply a thin layer and make a gentle massage. The balm should be stored at room temperature.
Rosemary Essential Oil Tonic
• 8 teaspoons of chestnut tincture
• 8 teaspoons of horse chestnut extract
• 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
Preparation and use:
• Mix all the ingredients in a bottle (spray);
• Apply this remedy to prevent varicose veins and rosacea.
Use these different remedies for varicose veins and rosacea 3 times a week.
The horse chestnut is widely used by the cosmetics industry, as it tightens the tissue through its astringent properties. It is effective to reduce the release of histamine in the body and contains aescin, a compound which stimulates blood circulation, helping the skin and the blood vessels regain their balance. In addition, horse chestnut reduces inflammation and heals rosacea.
It is known by the name of “wool wax” or “wool grease”. Soft and waxy, lanolin is used to hydrate the skin and soothe the irritated or dry skin with its soothing properties. Lanolin nourishes the skin and restores its elasticity and flexibility.
Beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin. Rich in vitamin A, it stimulates healing, moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
Rosemary essential oil
Rosemary essential oil is excellent for stimulating blood circulation, treating inflammation and relax the muscles in the body. This oil has an antioxidant effect against cellular aging of the skin and makes it possible to treat the inflammation and prevent varices and couperose.