Unattractive stretch marks are real nightmare for women. But this phenomenon is not inevitable; some tips can help you mitigate stretch marks.
Stretch marks are the result of a rapid or sudden stretching of the skin. Really, the skin contains elastic fibers that become disorganized and can no longer carry out their role to keep the skin’s elasticity. These fibers consist of collagen and elastin. Stretch marks can develop in different parts of the body like the hips, legs, stomach, buttocks or breasts.
Some factors that can promote their appearance:
- Hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy…)
- Rapid weight loss
- Poor diet (high in sugar and processed foods)
- Poor skin quality (too little elastic fibers)
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Practice of high performance sport
In addition, women are more exposed to this phenomenon, with 70% of woman affected against only 15% of men. Here is a natural recipe against stretch marks:
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
- One tablespoon of castor oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- One capsule of vitamin E (available in drugstores)
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until a smooth texture. For best results, apply this mixture on your skin with a brush. This remedy is to be applied every day in a circular motion for 2 to 3 minutes. You can keep the mixture in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Warning: this remedy contains lemon, so it is advisable to apply it only in the evening because this ingredient is photosensitizing.
Benefits of the ingredients
- Castor oil is popular for its many benefits for the skin. It helps relieve many skin disorders like acne, scars and stretch marks. Indeed, this oil helps to firm the skin and enhance its elasticity. If you are pregnant, apply it on your body to prevent their occurrence.
- Lemon is rich in vitamins and minerals that deeply nourish and brighten the skin. Its antioxidant content helps to fight against free radicals that promote the aging process of the skin and the appearance of stretch marks.
- Brown sugar is a very effective exfoliant for the skin. It cleans deep and helps remove dead skin. It also activates blood circulation that promotes regeneration of the cells and elasticity of the skin. Feel free to make at least once a week a scrub with brown sugar.
- Vitamin E is prized for its ability to prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. It protects the collagen fibers from damage caused by free radicals. A daily application of vitamin E helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks and promotes collagen production for improved skin elasticity.
Finally, be sure to have a healthy diet and regular physical activity to firm your skin and make it full of antioxidants. Also, feel free to take cold showers to activate blood circulation and tone your muscles and skin.