Do you want to get rid of your varicose veins? Natural remedies can help you fight against enlarged veins.
Varicose veins, what is it?
Varicose veins are enlarged veins that disrupt blood flow. Therefore, the venous valves do not work properly, blood accumulates and the veins thicken abnormally, favoring cramps, itching and a feeling of heaviness. This phenomenon affects more women than men.
Several factors may promote the appearance of varicose veins:
- Sedentary lifestyle (sitting or standing for long periods)
- Obesity (the thickness of the legs require more blood to feed the arteries)
- Wearing tight clothes
- Wearing shoes too high or too flat
- Heat exposure
- Oral contraceptives
How to cure it?
Here is a simple and natural trick to help you alleviate varicose veins. Here is the recipe:
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth texture.
Apply this mixture on the affected areas by performing massage movements to stimulate blood flow. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. During application, be sure to lift your legs up on a pillow. By application of this remedy every day, you will notice that the varicose veins will subside.
For the remedy to be effective it is important to adopt good massage technique. For this, first lift the feet up towards the hips and apply the remedy with gentle circular massage movements with your palm, not the fingers.
Benefits of the ingredients
- Besides its great taste and nutritional qualities, carrot is also a very good ally for the skin. It will give a good look to your skin and will make it more resistant to UV radiation. This vegetable is rich in antioxidants that eliminate toxins, promote better blood circulation and prevent the dilation of veins.
- Apple cider vinegar is a very effective ingredient against varicose veins, it is a natural ingredient with many benefits for the body. It has antioxidant properties that promote better blood circulation and cleanses the toxins. In addition, its anti-inflammatory action will relieve the inflammation of the veins and reduce their expansion.
- Aloe vera is a plant with many benefits for the skin. It contains more than 200 substances beneficial to the health, helps maintain fluid balance in the body and reduces the symptoms of varicose veins. It also has anti-inflammatory properties through its acetylsalicylic acid content. This relieves pain that can cause varicose veins.
Finally, here are some tips to help you prevent varicose veins:
- Don’t sit or stand for too long
- Keep your legs elevated (use a pillow or chair)
- Avoid tight clothing or shoes with heels
- Be physically active (at least 30 minutes of walking each day)