Did you know that baking soda is an incredibly effective way to clean your hair? Check out this recipe for a healthy and natural shampoo!
If you are a passionate beauty seeker, this article will certainly interest you and help you reduce your exposure to potentially harmful chemicals, while giving you impressive results.
You certainly ask yourself if conventional shampoos, that you regularly use to wash the hair, can be toxic and present a real danger. Well, they can contain many harmful ingredients like:
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium laureth sulfate
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
There are many brands that produce natural shampoos that do not contain these harmful materials. Better yet, you can prepare your own natural shampoo to solve your hair problems and avoid toxic products.
Shampoos absorb fat naturally secreted by the scalp and increase its production, which is why your hair becomes very oily when you stop using the shampoo, which only lasts a few weeks. Now you can change this habit and opt for a natural shampoo made from baking soda, effective to clean your hair and regulate the production of oil in the scalp and you can use it 2-3 times a week!
How it works?
It is true that at first it will be difficult to get used to this natural shampoo because it does not foam, but you’ll get used to it.
Shampoo with baking soda
- In a small bottle, mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water.
- Apply the mixture of baking soda and water on wet or dry hair starting from the roots.
- Let it stand for 1-3 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Important: baking soda is natural bleach, avoid it if you have colored hair.
Apple cider vinegar rinse
After washing your hair with baking soda, use apple cider vinegar to rinse.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 four parts water. To minimize the smell of the apple cider vinegar, you can add some lavender, peppermint or rosemary essential oil to the apple cider vinegar and water mixture.
- Tilt your head back, close your eyes (to avoid getting the mixture into your eyes), then pour the mixture on the roots. If you have long hair, tilt the head forward (keeping the eyes closed) and rinse your hair.
- Massage the scalp.
- Leave on for a few seconds before rinsing the hair with cold water.
Cold water is beneficial for the hair, promotes shine and smoothness. In addition, it removes frizz and tightens the pores of the scalp, thus fighting against hair loss.