If you were to choose a part of your house to be spotless, this would be your restroom and toilet. How to do it without harmful chemicals? Follow our advice and this natural trick that will revolutionize your cleaning process!
The good news is that you can keep your bathroom clean with the help of others who live under the same roof. For example, ask everyone to rinse the sink after brushing their teeth. Teach your children to use the towel and put in its place.
But in terms of the cleaning itself, that is another story…
What’s in the toilet cleaners?
They are full of harsh chemicals. Bleach is the worst, especially for young children. It contains chlorine and acids which release toxic gases.
Bleach is known to be irritating and corrosive. It damages the skin and any organic material with which it comes into contact. It is such a strong disinfectant that kills all life forms. Bleach is not biodegradable because it kills bacteria responsible for biodegradation phenomena.
In addition, some cleansers contain fragrances that trigger allergic reactions and headaches and irritate the lungs. Also they are known to be hormone disruptors.
Recipe for a natural cleaning product
To make a natural cleanser, you need the following products:
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- ½ cup of citric acid
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch
- Some water
- 25 drops of an essential oil of your choice (orange essential oil has excellent natural cleansing properties; you can use other oils to improve the smell like lavender or lemongrass)
You also need a spray bottle and a large zipper bag.
How to make it?
- Put all these ingredients into the bag, except the essential oils, and shake vigorously.
- Open the bag and add 2 or 3 sprays of water. Close the bag and knead it all.
- Repeat this 5-7 times. If the bag inflates too much, open it to make the air escape. Do not panic: this is a normal reaction due to the mixture of baking soda and citric acid.
- Be careful not to add too much water: your mixture should have the texture of dough.
- Add the essential oils and knead again.
- Place the dough in an ice cube tray (or another mold) and press firmly to compress.
- Allow the mixture to dry for 2 or 3 days, then unmold and let the cubes dry for 2 more days.
- Put one cube into your toilet and watch it dissolve, then rub the bowl with a brush and flush the toilet.
Your toilet will be naturally clean and fresh, without harming your family or the environment.