Dieting to lose weight doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself to achieve your goal! Indeed, why should you starve while there is a wide range of tasty foods that help stave off the hunger … Here is a list of foods with amazing slimming virtues!
A list of foods with slimming benefits
Some foods have a perfect combination of nutrients, flavor, taste, texture … The ideal balanced diet! And in addition, they also have the advantage of helping to control the appetite. A brief overview of these foods that make you lose weight.
Slimming Food 1: Popcorn
Fancy a snack? Eat popcorn. Rich in fiber, the popcorn will provide a great feeling of satiety, which lasts for several hours and also slows down the process of digestion. Research has also shown that 15 calories (low fat and low salt) of popcorn was satiating as 150 calories of potato chips.
Thanks to its texture, the popcorn is larger and requires more chewing effort, which signals the brain that you eat more.
Some snack ideas with popcorn:
• Mix a cup of popcorn with a tablespoon of organic maple syrup.
• A bowl of tomato soup with a handful of popcorn.
Slimming Food 2: Crispy Rye Bread
Some experts suspect rye contain a particular type of fiber, known as viscous fibers. These have a virtue to slow down digestion and release carbohydrates directly into the bloodstream. Rye lowers the level of sugar in the blood and thus stabilizes the insulin.
Result: you are less hungry, you eat less and lose weight more easily!
Some recipe ideas with crusty rye bread:
• rye bread spread with hummus and smoked salmon for breakfast.
• Make croutons from the rye bread to complement your salad and season everything with olive oil, garlic, pepper and a little salt.
Slimming Food 3: Portobello mushrooms
This mushroom category has many health benefits. They are highly concentrated in glutamate, a natural amino acid, which also reduces appetite (nothing to do with sodium glutamate).
Some recipe ideas with Portobello mushrooms:
• Make sandwiches with Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella, some marinara sauce and fresh oregano.
• Cut the mushrooms into small pieces and fry them in a pan with a little olive oil. Then add a little beef and prepare your usual taco.
Slimming Food 4: Potato
When cooked, the potatoes contain starch, a carbohydrate which moves through the ileum (part of the digestive system) without having to be digested. As it moves through the large intestine, it promotes the short chain fatty acids which are used to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. This whole process promotes the formation of brain peptides that send messages of satiety.
Some ideas of potato based recipes:
• For a healthy and tasty potato salad, cut the potato into cubes and season with lemon juice, olive oil and fresh basil.
• Make your usual nicoise salad with boiled potatoes (cold), and hard-boiled egg, steamed green beans, tuna, tomatoes and some olives.
• Make patties with your leftover boiled potatoes. Whisk one or two eggs, add chopped fresh herbs (parsley) and apple puree. Cook over low heat in a pan with a little oil.
Slimming Food 5: Dark Chocolate
Good news for dark chocolate lovers! Research has shown that eating some dark chocolate chips for breakfast limited the cravings in the morning. You would therefore be wrong to deprive yourself of this treat… Even better: regular consumption of dark chocolate for breakfast can reduce your calorie intake by 17% in the morning. In fact, dark chocolate is rich in fat and protein but contains less sugar than milk chocolate, slowing the spread of sugar in the bloodstream.
Some snack ideas with dark chocolate:
• Mix a few shavings of dark chocolate with cherries and yoghurt.
• To prepare a “sweet” quesadilla: spread a tablespoon of almond butter on half a whole wheat tortilla. Next, cut a banana into slices and put a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips. Fold the tortilla in half and let the heat in a nonstick skillet. Once ready, sprinkle everything with a teaspoon of cocoa powder (unsweetened). Your dessert is ready, you just have to enjoy it!