3 KINDS OF LEFTOVERS THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER EAT AGAIN

We often don’t want to cook, especially knowing that the leftover of previous meals will be enough. Although this habit is a good solution not to waste food, it is still quite hazardous to the health, given the fact that some foods become toxic when they are re-heated. Check out the three leftover foods that you should never consume!

It is true that the leftovers from yesterday’s meal are not as delicious as at the time of preparation, but their advantage is that they are ready after a few minutes in the microwave. However, some food leftovers are better not to be consumed. By eating them, you increase the risk of suffering from digestive disorders, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and even cardiovascular problems.

Three types of foods that should never be consumed as leftovers

1 – Vegetable oils
A study by a team of researchers from the University of the Basque Country in Spain, has shown that to heat the vegetable oils to frying temperature promotes a release of toxic, hazardous compounds to the body. Indeed, the temperature of the vegetable oil (sunflower, maize, soybean or rapeseed) during frying causes degradation of polyunsaturated fatty acids contained therein and thus leads to the release of a toxin called 4 -hydroxynonénal (4-HNE), very reactive to body proteins and nucleic acids. Moreover, several studies associated this toxin with various diseases such as atherosclerosis, liver disease, Alzheimer, Parkinson and even cancer.

In addition, each time the oil is reused, the concentration of this toxin increases and so the health risk also increases.

It is therefore advisable not to overheat the vegetable oil and throw it away as soon as it begins to foam or smoke. You can also emphasize the use of olive oil which, according to the same study, has the lowest toxicity. Its high monounsaturated fatty acid can delay and significantly reduce the release of these toxins.

2 – Vegetables
Spinach, beets, potatoes, lettuce and celery are very beneficial vegetables for the body and their regular consumption is highly recommended. The problem is their nitrate content – which is harmless – but it may be converted into nitrites and nitrosamines very harmful to the body.

Indeed, when spinach – or other – are cooked and left at room temperature, they undergo an overgrowth of bacteria that causes the conversion of nitrates into carcinogenic nitrites and nitrosamines. In addition, when these molecules enter the blood, they convert the hemoglobin to methemoglobin, reducing oxygenation, leading to the asphyxia and even death in infants and people with low stomach acidity.

It is therefore advisable to eat vegetables, just after cooking, or keep them in the refrigerator at a temperature not exceeding 40 ° F for 2 days.

3 – Rice
According to the Food Standard Agency, rice contains bacteria that sometimes can survive and withstand the temperature of boiling water. So the leftovers that spent over an hour at room temperature, after the end of the cooking time, become unfit for consumption. Bacteria that cooking has not been able to eliminate multiply and reach dangerous levels. Upon entering the body, they can cause digestive problems and cause nausea and vomiting.

It is therefore advisable to eat rice immediately after cooking or baking, and not to leave the remains over one hour at room temperature.

Source: myhealthylifeteam.com

 

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
wpDiscuz