Cellulite is one of the most common problems among women. It not only has a negative effect on the appearance of the skin – orange peel – but it also affects the psychological state. Affecting several body parts (thighs, hips and buttocks), it often leads to low self esteem. To help you eliminate it naturally, check out this simple and very effective trick.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is a phenomenon that affects many women, even if they are not affected by overweight. It is caused as a result of an increase in the volume and amount of adipocytes housed in the deeper layer of skin, called the hypodermis. In fact, when the size of the fat cells becomes too large, the water retention phenomenon occurs, which causes a loosening of the skin in the affected area and appearance of orange peel.
What are the risk factors for the cellulite?
The causes of cellulite are many, such as:
- Genetic predisposition: genetics determines all the characteristics of our body including the number and location of fat cells. So if your mother suffers from cellulite on the thighs and hips you have great risk of inheriting this condition.
- Hormonal changes: During the life, a woman goes through several stages that are characterized by large hormonal changes such as puberty, pregnancy, lactation and menopause. These changes the amount of female hormones secreted (estrogen, progesterone, prolactin) promoting the accumulation of fat in the body, weakening the blood vessels and making the skin lose its firmness.
- Unbalanced diet rich in salt: Diet is a key factor in the appearance of cellulite. A high-fat diet promotes weight gain and fat accumulation, and too much salt causes the phenomenon of water retention, which increases the size of fat cells and gives the skin a grainy appearance.
- Lack of exercise: A sedentary lifestyle and chronic lack of exercise contributes to weight gain and fat accumulation in the body. The body doesn’t need energy, it doesn’t draw on its reserves and does not burn calories. Moreover, the fact of sitting or even standing for long hours without moving impede blood and lymph circulation. This results in a compression of veins and lymphatic vessels and greater water retention.
To help you get rid of cellulite naturally, this is an effective and very simple trick.
Trick to get rid of cellulite naturally
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- plastic film
Preparation and Use
In a bowl, mix thoroughly coconut oil with grapefruit essential oil. Apply the mixture on the affected areas (thighs, hips, buttocks, etc.) and rub vigorously for about fifteen minutes. Then wrap the treated areas with plastic wrap and leave on for several hours, preferably overnight.
So how does this trick work? Wrapping the body in plastic wrap will increase the body temperature and stimulate the burning of fat cells.
The grapefruit essential oil has powerful lipolytic and draining properties that help dissolve fat and melt cellulite. It also helps to firm the skin and to fight against water retention phenomenon.
As for the coconut oil, its richness in nutrients and antioxidants, provides nutrients and moisturizes the skin deeply, and restores its suppleness and elasticity.
In addition, the energetic massage has a stimulating effect on blood circulation, which helps to remove toxins responsible for the accumulation of fat, to relocate the fat for easier removal and to tighten and firm the skin.
The grapefruit essential oil has a photo-sensitizing effect, so it is advisable not to expose to the sun after use. It is also recommended to perform a sensitivity test at the elbow hollow before applying to avoid any risk of irritation.
The use of this oil is not recommended for pregnant women and children under 3 years.