Do you suffer from constipation? Discover a natural and effective laxative to relieve and treat constipation naturally!
Constipation is one of the most common health problems. It can result from a lack of physical activity, poor food hygiene, inadequate water consumption, lack of dietary fiber, among others. It is manifested by irregular bowel movements and difficulty to evacuate feces.
To prevent and relieve this condition, you can resort to some simple and easy tips like:
- Consume a sufficient amount of water (at least 6 cups per day)
- Encourage consumption of foods rich in fiber (fiber stimulate transit and contractions of the intestine)
- Exercise regularly (exercise helps stimulate the intestines and strengthens the abdomen by promoting intestinal transit)
What are the symptoms of constipation?
The constipation symptoms vary from one person to another, but are usually manifested by:
- Gases and burping
- Pain and abdominal cramps
- Loss of appetite
- No stool for more than 2 days
- Hard stools, small size of stool and difficult to evacuate it
- Prolonged efforts to evacuate the stool
Natural recipe to treat constipation
Here’s how to prepare a prunes jam to treat constipation.
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 5 cups of hot water (or less than 5 cups if you want a thicker texture)
In a pan, place the dates and prunes cut into small pieces and add hot water and cook over low heat until smooth. Then put the mixture in a glass jar and store in the fridge.
You can consume 1 tbsp of this laxative jam after breakfast and another one after lunch to relieve your constipation. You can mix this prune jam with your cereal, juices or smoothies.
On the other hand, you can put 3 or 4 prunes in a glass of water overnight, and eat them the next morning.
You can apply this treatment for ten days or until disappearance of your constipation.