There are many products on the market for cleaning the teeth. But are they truly safe since most of them contain certain components that have long been recognized as harmful to the health (fluoride, sodium lauryl sulphate, chlorhexidine, triclosan …).
This is an excellent recipe for homemade toothpaste. With regular use of this toothpaste, you not only will effectively whiten your teeth, but also you will prevent any possible problems in the oral cavity.
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Neem Bark powder
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
Preparation and implementation:
- Mix all ingredients until a smooth and homogeneous consistency. Store it in the refrigerator in a suitable container.
- Use the paste just like any other ordinary toothpaste, morning and evening.
The evergreen Neem tree is called “the village pharmacy” or “divine tree” in India. In Eastern medicine it is widely used as antibacterial, antifungal and astringent product.
Coconut oil in the composition of this toothpaste softens the abrasive properties of baking soda, but it doesn’t decrease its whitening and antibacterial effect. Accordingly, coconut oil has a favorable effect on the mouth cavity, reduces inflammation of the gums and heals ulcers of the mucosa.
And what is the composition of your toothpaste? It is worth to think about it and to share this article with your friends.