Quenepa is a Spanish lime, which its abilities can improve brain capacity and can treat problems with sleeping.
The fruits origin is from South America, but it can be also found in Central America and Caribbean. It is called Spanish lime because it looks like it but have orange or yellow color. It taste is sour and sweet. The fruit has a soft and tough texture with jelly-like flesh and a colorful aril with a pulp enclosing the seeds.
Quenepa abounds in the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12;
- Amino acids;
- Unsaturated fats (oleic and linoleic);
This amazing fruit is used for dealing with constipation or fighting bad cholesterol, than it is rich in calcium which is good for the bones and teeth, has a vitamin A which deals with removing kidney stones and urinary infections.
It is a known as a antioxidant that is good for removing free radicals in your body, high blood pressure, improving your immune system and fight with cancer.
If you have not heard about the benefits of this fruit here they are:
Health advantages of the quenepa
- Eliminates parasites;
- Improves your immune system and prevents bacterial accumulation in the body;
- Outstanding against urinary and lung infections;
- Increases the reproductive system’s function;
- Treats and prevents kidney problems;
- Repairs constipation;
- Increases red blood cell production, effectively avoiding anemia;
- Decreases high cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- Avoids bronchitis and the influenza;
- Treats skin issues;
- Heals gum infections;
So there is no reason to include the Spanish lime in your every day diet. Go for it!
Source: naturalhealingmagazine.com, healthyfoodteam.com