Powerful Benefits of Epsom Salt
The wonders of Epsom salt have been well known for hundreds of years and, unlike other salts, has beneficial properties that can soothe the body, mind, and soul. Some of the countless health benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating colds and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body.
The use of Epsom salt baths can be used to deal with the following conditions:
- Arthritis pain and swelling
- Bruises and sprains
- Fibromyalgia, a condition that makes your muscles, ligaments, and tendons hurt, and triggers tender points throughout your body.
- Ingrown toe nails
- Psoriasis, an illness that causes red, scratchy, scaly skin
- Aching muscles after working out
- Pain from diarrhea during chemotherapy
How To Use Epsom Salts
Most Epsom salt packaging advises using 2 cups of Epsom salt in a well-filled bath and soaking for 12-15 minutes.
Here are the amounts of Epsom salt he recommends:
- Children under 60 lbs: ½ cup.
- People between 60-100 pounds: 1 cup.
- People between 100-150 pounds: 1 ½ cups.
- People between 150-200 lbs: 2 cups.
For a relaxing bath, include a few drops of essential oils like lavender and include a few tablespoons of baking soda. To hydrate skin, include a generous amount of coconut oil.
To experience the numerous health benefits of Epsom salt, take relaxing, stress-relieving Epsom salt baths three times weekly by adding 2 cups of Ultra Epsom Salt to a warm bath and soaking for at least 12 minutes. For the added benefit of moisturizing your skin, add 1/2 cup olive oil or baby oil.
The water should be very warm — not hot, but comfortable to the touch. Add the Epsom salt while the water is running to help it dissolve. Keep the part of your body that hurts in the water for at least 12 minutes. Just relax.