Nowadays, having a refrigerator is a necessity, as everyone keeps their food in it. However, not every food is kept in a fridge. Some of the food may lose its taste or even change the texture, and some may spoil as a result of the condensation in the fridge.
Here below, are products which are recommended to be kept in a fridge.
- Coffee no longer has its taste if kept in a fridge. It also absorbs all other fragrances from the refrigerator.
- Garlic sprouts faster and grows mold in a fridge.
- Honey is kept in a room temperature. When put in a fridge it thickens and crystalizes faster than usual.
- Tomatoes alter in texture and flavor when refrigerated.
- Hot sauce can be kept in a cabinet for three years.
- Bread turns hard and dry when refrigerated. In order to last longer you can freeze it or keep it in a paper bag covered with cloth towel.
- Fresh herbs and basil wither while refrigerating, and absorb the other fragrances in the fridge.
- Onions turn musty and mushy.
- Potatoes turn gritty and dry, and lose their taste.
- Melons will lose their antioxidants kept in a fridge.
- Olive oilis by no means kept in a fridge. It will condensate and become hard as butter. Keep it in a cooldark place.
- Hard liquor, store it in a liquor cabinet or cupboard.