This is one of a kind, coconut, lemon pudding, which will not serve only as a dessert but also it will provide you with remarkable health benefits. Namely, this pudding recipe is low in carbs, but high in collagen protein which is extremely beneficial when joint pain is concerned, and as well as for improving intestinal membrane, hair, nails and skin.
Here below, are all active ingredients of this ketogenic style recipe and their health benefits.
The collagen protein is actually a beef gelatin, but it has to be natural, that is, grass fed beef, and only in that case, is a unique rejuvenating protein source that can heal leaky gut syndrome, strengthens the joints, and boosts beauty.
The next active ingredient is coconut milk which is rich in anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that the body rapidly metabolizes them thus burning fat.
And last, but not least is the lemon juice which offers incredible health benefits, like:
- Perfect prevention against kidney stones formations. com states, quoting: “Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.”
- Cancer prevention.
- Good regulation of the pH levels in the body.
- It gives the feeling of satiety thanks to the high pectin content, which is a soluble fiber, thus securing weight loss.
How to prepare it:
- 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin (as a meat substitute you can use
- 3 tablespoons of agar flakes or agar powder instead)
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (in can)
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- lemon or vanilla flavored Sweet Leaf Stevia ( at your own wish)
***If you need to sweeten it, you can use Maple syrup, or honey.
You need two dishes: a pan and a mixing bowl. In a pan put 1/2 cup of water, and then add the gelatin over it. Leave it for several minutes so that it becomes soft and spongy. In a mixing bowl or Mason jar, mix the following ingredients: coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla until you make a proper mixture.
Then, heat on low heat for the gelatin mixture to dissolve. Remove it from the heat and add Stevia or honey and stir well. Immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture. Use small glasses and pour the pudding in them, cool it until it becomes “fluffy”
Now, all you have to do is to enjoy this superb healthy pudding, and you can have it as a dessert, snack or even as a breakfast meal.
Featured image source: www.shutterstock.com