Back pain is something that you can get not only by hard work like lifting heavy objects, or exercising, but also if you are seated for too long, Therefore, this is a problem for both white-collar and blue-collar workers.
This is really unpleasant pain, and in order to solve you must start exercising. Hence, we can present you seven stretches, which is easier than exercising, that will help you to solve this problem. When you start these stretches your back pain will go away immediately, and believe us your mood will rise and you will feel more joyous than before.
Here are the seven amazing stretches.
- Hip Flexor Lunge – this stretch will help you against tight hips, as sometimes they may be the cause for painful back. Place your right foot forward and lower left knee to the floor. It resembles the lunge position. Now, stretch left leg as far back as possible, and stay still in this position for 30 seconds. Go back to initial posture, and the stretch is done. Change legs and do it once again.
- Forward bend stretch – this one is good when sudden or out of ordinary back pain occurs. Take a chair and place it as high as your hip. Put it in front of you. Now,put your hands on the chair and little bit step away. Bend forward until your head is situated between your arms. Stay in this position for one minute, and then release.
- Knee to chest stretch – now, lie down on your back and stretch legs fully. Bend left knee and hold calf. Then, start pulling knee towards the chest, and keep this position for 30 seconds, when 30 seconds are gone, release. Change legs and do it once again.
- Quad Stretch – This stretch should be done properly so that you don’t feel any back pain. Sometimes they are not done as supposed to and the back pain remains. Now, lie down on the ground on the right side. Bend your knee;however do not separate knees from touching. Reach towards the left ankle with your left hand and start pulling so that you stretch your quads. Do the pulling for 30 seconds, and then release. Change sides and do it once again.
- Figure four stretch – Lie down on your back, and bend left knee, let the foot touch the floor and keep it like that. Then, raise right knee to the chest and put ankle across the knee. You should let your right knee fall to the side. Stay in this position for 30 seconds. Change legs and do it once again.
- Hamstring stretch – Again lie down on your back, and bend left knee, let the foot touch the floor and keep it like that. Put your hands at the back of your leg, exactly right above the knee. Then, raise the other leg as high as possible and stay like that for 30 seconds. Go back to original posture. Change legs and do it once again.
- Supine Twist – This one is very good for your low back pain. Lie down on your back and bend legs at the knees. Both feet should be on the floor. Now, place your left leg over the right one and turn both legs to the left. Turn your upper body to the other side. Change legs to do it once again.
Now since you have learnt these seven remarkable stretches, practice them, and get free from the tedious back pain.
Sources and References:
Featured image source: fhfn.org