If you do not lead healthy life and diet it may lead to cardiovascular problems with high levels of cholesterol and high blood pressure.
You can easily change that if you incorporate grapefruit and celery in your every day diet and you will soon feel the healthy benefits on your organism.
– Grapefruits are low in calories but are full of nutrients and an excellent source of vitamins A and C. Harvard Medical School states that grapefruit has a glycemic index of 25, suggesting that it does not significantly affect blood sugar and insulin levels.
Grapefruits support clear, healthy skin, can help to lower our risk for many diseases and conditions and may even help with weight loss as part of an overall healthy and varied diet.
Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like grapefruit decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion, increased energy, and overall lower weight.
Here is a delicious and simple recipe which blends the benefits of these two ingredients:
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 inch ginger
Method of preparation:
Place all ingredients in the blender and mix them well. Strain before consumption.
it’s best to avoid or limit consuming grapefruit juice or fresh grapefruit when taking certain drugs.
Examples of some types of drugs that grapefruit juice can interact with are:
- some statin drugs to lower cholesterol, such as Zocor (simvastatin), Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Pravachol (pravastatin)
- some blood pressure-lowering drugs, such as Nifediac and Afeditab (both nifedipine)
- some organ transplant rejection drugs, such as Sandimmune and Neoral (both cyclosporine)
- some anti-anxiety drugs, such as BuSpar (buspirone)
- some anti-arrhythmia drugs, such as Cordarone and Nexterone (both amiodarone)
- some antihistamines, such as Allegra (fexofenadine