The egg, for thousands of years was our significant nutrient; however some time ago it was stated by many world health organizations that this nutrient is harmful to our health. It was claimed that eggs contain high amount of fat thus triggering high cholesterol levels, so we began not to consume them. However, this was proven that it is not true and on the contrary that they are pretty much beneficial for our health.
For instance, one egg contains180-186mg of cholesterol, but the liver has the ability to generate 1000-2000 mg of cholesterol every day. The liver is an organ that can adapt to the cholesterol levels, but this doesn’t mean that you can overdo with consuming fats with high cholesterol level. You should moderate, and it is better to replace other cholesterol foods with eggs.
Health Benefits of Consuming Eggs
- Nutrients – eggs have many combined nutrients in their content which is rare compared to other foods, such as, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, then vitamins A, B6 and E, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, iron, and even more.
- HDL Cholesterol– the eggs contain this cholesterol which is considered a good one. This means that is highly beneficial for health due to the fact that it produces vitamin D and testosterone, estrogen and cortisol hormones. Likewise, it prevents buildup of bad cholesterol, atherosclerosis and similar cardiovascular diseases. HDL cleans the arteries, contrary to the bad one that blocks them.
- Choline – is a precursor to a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, and it is of great essence for pregnant women as it prevents fetuses’ abnormalities. Choline stimulates brain progress and enhances memory. Recent studies confirmed that 90 percent of Americans lack choline from their body system which may cause muscle damage and liver fatty disease not provoked by alcohol.
- Muscles’ Nourishment – eggs are an amazing source of proteins, two eggs can replace a portion of meat, thus excluding fat and acidity level.We all know that the egg is consisted of whites and yolk. Usually nutritionistsexclude the yolk from many diets which is wrong as the yolk contains half of the protein quantity in eggs.
- Bones’ Nourishment – Vitamin D and calcium are nutrients that nourish the bones, which plenty of them are in the eggs. Eggs improve bone health, because vitamin D provides better absorption of calcium, and calcium is necessary for adequate blood clotting, contraction, and nerve signals.
- Taking care of your eye sight – Eggs are very good for your vision as it keeps it sharp due to high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin.These effective carotenoids protect your eyes from the damaging UV rays, and also reduce the risk of macular degeneration as a result of age. As well as they can reduce the risk of cataracts by amazing 50 percent.
- Promote weight-loss – Even though this seems unbelievable for you but eggs really promote weight loss. You should introduce them in your diet as they are full with nutrients, low in calories and quite quickly satiate your hunger. Many studies have confirmed this which were performed by the Journal of the American College of Nutrition and The International Journal of Obesity, stating, quoting: “eating eggs for breakfast makes you consume less throughout the day and contributes to weight loss and reduced percentage of body fat”.
Therefore, start consuming eggs on daily basis, especially for breakfast, and gain all health benefits. Next time, when you read an article that eggs are bad for you discard this information as it has already been proven otherwise.