Skin icing is one of the well-known skin care treatments that can do wonders to your skin thus resulting in good looking radiant skin. This treatment is a morning and evening routine that can provide you with many benefits.Also was known and used by Korean females who are famous for their detailed beauty rituals. Likewise, it is used by beauty specialists in spas as skin treatments because they are very much familiar of its numerous cosmetic benefits.
Many health specialists consider that the skin icing treatment has the ability to fight against acne and blemishes, and formation of wrinkles; furthermore, it boosts blood circulation and gives skin a healthy complexion. It is a great refresher for your entire face.
Here below see all the benefits:
- Improves Blood Circulation
It improves blood flow by using ice which narrows capillary and less blood goes to the skin surface. This is very good when inflammation or swelling is concerned. The body itself responds to the cold treatment and provokes increased circulation of warm blood to the cured location.
- The Best Pore Primer
Skin icing is the cheapestavailable skin toner which works impeccablewhen used before makeup. It reduces the pores effectively underneath the makeup, and the face structure looks smoother and perfect. So, first try icing your face and then use your primer.
- Provides Smoother Skin
As a result of excess sebum and debris the skin pores look bigger, however by using skin icing, the skin will be tightened and the pores will beshrinked and unclogged. It functions as a skin toner which will make your skin smoother.
- Great Wrinkle Buster
This treatment has the ability to reduce signs of wrinkles and as well as slows down the development of new ones.
- Fights Against Puffy Eyes
Skin icing lowers swellings, and at the same time lowers the bags under your eyes.
- Acne Control
As mentioned before skin icing lowers swelling and as well as soreness, therefore it is excellent for pimples. It also decreases inflammation, so it is perfect for pimple treatment. Whenever a pimple occurs use ski icing, it will reduce the inflammation, and will minimize the size and number of acne.
Just hold an ice cube on the acne for a couple of seconds, until it feels numb. For better results do this strategy every other night.
This treatment is not either time or effort consuming, just do it every morning and/or evening, and follow the below mentioned instructions.
Skin Icing Instructions
- First, clean your face thoroughly.
- Then wrap one or two ice cubes in gauze or if you don’t have gauze use any kind of available soft fabric.
- When the ice starts to melt thus moistening the cloth, apply it to your face.
- Hold the gauze on various locations on the face for 1 to 2 minutes.
- You have to move the ice gently by using circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Be extra careful when you go for the area underneath your eyes.
- At the end, finish with a toner, moisturizer or acne treatment.
Have in mind the following issues when performing this treatment:
- Skin icing can be used without wrapping the ice. If you decide to use it without wrapping you have to use gloves because if you do it bare handed you will not be able to hold the ice for a longer period of time.
- If you use bare ice, do not use it directly from the freezer, as it can break the capillaries under the skin.
- If you have already broken the capillaries avoid this treatment and when you start to use it do not do it toolong.
- If you start to feel uncomfortable you should stop the treatment. This treatment should not last more than 15 minutes.
- Do not worry if you cannot use bare ice as the impact is exactly the same when ice is used with a gauze or soft fabric.
- For better results, to the water of ice cubesyou can include cucumber, green tea, lemon, rosewater, chamomile tea, orany other ingredient that is skin helpful,that is, very much depending upon your skin type.