Migraine is a complex condition with a wide variety of symptoms. For many people the main feature is a painful headache. Other symptoms include disturbed vision, sensitivity to light, sound and smells, feeling sick and vomiting. Migraine attacks can be very frightening and may result in you having to lie still for several hours.
Some people who suffer from migraines can clearly identify triggers or factors that cause the headaches, but many cannot. Potential migraine triggers include:
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Bright lights, loud noises, flickering lights, smoky rooms, temperature changes, strong smells and certain odors or perfumes
- Physical or emotional stress, tension, anxiety, depression, excitement
- Physical triggers such as tiredness, jet lag, exercise
- Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
- Smoking or exposure to smoke
- Skipping meals or fasting causing low blood sugar
- Hormonal triggers such as menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth controlpills, menopause
You can easily avoid this condition if you consume plenty of water. Our brains are 80% water. When you become dehydrated your brain tissue loses water causing your brain to shrink and pull away from the skull. This triggers the pain receptors surrounding the brain, giving you a headache.
Dehydration also causes your blood volume to drop which in turn lowers the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. In response the blood vessels in the brain dilate leading to swelling and inflammation, worsening the headache.
- 1 cup of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon of Himalayan salt
Start by heating the water, and then put everything into a cup.
The Himalayan sea salt in the mix gives your body a boost of electrolytes, minerals and other elements such as calcium, potassium, zinc, copper, magnesium, iodine, iron and more. It increases hydration, improves circulation, and works to dissolve and eliminate toxins.
If you want migraine relief make sure that you use high quality salt for example the himalayan crystal salt. That is the most complete salt in the world. Containing 84 minerals, elements and electrolytes – makes it so fascinating if we take in consideration that there are only 118 elements known to science until today.
This salt will reduce the severity of your migraine headaches. It will strengthen your immune system, increase your energy levels, and balance the serotonin levels in your bloodstream. Also it will restore the body’s electrolyte and alkaline balance and much more.