The thyroid gland is situated in front of the neck below the voice box. It is an important gland of the endocrine system which produces the thyroid hormones. These hormones control and regulate the metabolic functions in the body. These hormones also regulate other important functions such as the manufacturing of protein and its absorption and utilization.
If the thyroid gland does not produce the right amount of these crucial hormones then it malfunctions and it either produces excessive amounts or insufficient amounts of the thyroid hormones. In both the cases, thyroid problems occur and give rise to such symptoms as weight gain or weight loss, inertia, fatigue, stress and anxiety, inability to concentrate, depression and mood swings.
Here’s a quick glimpse at their incredible health benefits of the onions:
- The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
- Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
- For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
- Do you enjoy sliced onions with your food? If yes, rejoice! Raw onion lowers the production of bad cholesterol(LDL), thus keeping your heart healthy.
- A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer.
A physician from Sant Petersburg, Igor Knjazkin, according to him you have to:
- Grab a red onion of any size and cut it in half while getting ready for bed.
- Upon laying in bed, take both halves of the onion and massage your thyroid gland area with the insides of the halves.
- Here’s the rough part – you’ll need to go to bed without washing off the onion juice, leaving it to soak in the skin overnight.
- You’ll need to be wearing socks for this one. After massaging your neck, you’ll want to stick an onion half in each sock.