The best experienced thing on an empty stomach is sleeping. If you choose to go to bed on a full stomach you will just gain weight as the body will store fat as sleeping requires little energy, and let us not forget the indigestion. However, there arethings that you shouldavoid by any means on an empty stomach, andhere is the list of the five essential things that need to be avoided:
- The first one is drinking tea or coffee as this is the first thing you do everymorning when you get up from bed. This routine can do harm to your body since drinking coffee on an empty stomach increases acidity, which is responsible for the heartburn and indigestion experiencedduring the day. On the other hand, drinking tea on an empty stomach suppresses the secretion of gastric juices and reduces bile and acid in the stomach, and it can lower your appetite.
- Performing your exercise routine, you may think that exercising on an empty stomach can slim you down, on the contrary it does the opposite effect. For instance, glycogen is the body’s fuel source while doing exercises, and itis stored for almost 12 to 16 hours before your body asks for more. If your body still detects glycogen, it is impossible to start the process of burning fat. At the end you burn muscle, and at the same tome pack up extra fat. The body can handle only light exercise on an empty stomach but not the heavy one which incites fat burning.
- By drinking alcohol on an empty stomach, the alcohol goes directly to the bloodstream. The alcohol quickly goes throughout the body and causes widening of blood vessels. Likewise, it incites a temporary decrease in pulse rate and blood pressure. The blood alcohol concentration is quickly increased and the sense of control is lost, saying it bluntly, you are getting drunker faster by the minute.
- Instructions of taking medicine are crucial as some are taken on an empty stomach and some on a full one. However, most of the medicines are taken either with food or after you have eaten. If you suffer fromvomiting or nausea the medicine should be taken after you have eaten so that the side effects are reduced. Likewise, taking medicines after food lowers the risk of indigestion, stomach irritation, and ulcers. Furthermore, it helps the body absorption of the pill.
- While travelling you should avoid any kind of heavy food as it may cause travelling sickness, especially foods that causes gases such as: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and aerated drinks. It is always advised to eat lightly as that it is the best way while travelling.