Even though you might have not considered your nails as important part of your body they are crucial as their fluctuations can show your current health condition, they can even reveal cancer. Do you know what Lunula is? It is related to nails; actually it is the crescent-shaped white area at the end of a fingernail which is extremely delicate area which mustn’t get damaged.
Here below are certain facts that you need to know about Lunula:
- First of all it is really delicate location which should not get harmed.
- The Latin meaningof Lunula is “small moon” meaning half-moon part.
- The reason why is white is because it is the fifth basal layer of the skin whereblood vessels are hidden beneath.
- It is important to know that not everyone’s Lunula is visible. It can be hidden under the thickened layer of the skin around the fingernails and toenails.
- If it is harmed can cause permanent damages to the whole nail.
- If your Lunula is smallit could be a sign of poor digestion resulting from slow metabolism and excessive body contaminants.
- If you haveLunulas with ivory color on both hands, it means that you are in perfect health. The whiter the Lunula, the healthier the person is.
- On the other hand, the lesser Lunula a person has, the lower is the energy he has and his overall health. If you have Lunula only on the thumbs, this means that you lack of physical energy which can trigger illness.
- The person is healthy and strong if it has normal fingernail which is tough, ruddy, smooth, restrained, and glossy with a plainly visible Lunula.
- Traditional Chinese medicine has also paid a lot of attention to the nails, according to it, the absence of Lunula might be a sign for anemia and malnutrition, a pale or bluish Lunula could be a potential sign of diabetes, and a Lunula with red smudges might mean that a person is having a heart disease.
Other Sources Included: