Vicks VapoRub ointment is a mentholated topical cream. VapoRub is indicated for use on the chest, back and throat for cough suppression due to the common cold or on muscles and joints for minor aches and pains. Vicks VapoRub has also been used to treat mosquito bites. Users of VapoRub often apply it immediately before sleep. VapoRub was originally manufactured by the family-owned company Richardson-Vicks, Inc., based in Greensboro, North Carolina. Richardson-Vicks was sold to Procter & Gamble in 1985 and is now known as Vicks.
You can use it if you have:
- Cracked heels – Apply a thick slather of Vicks VapoRub to the cracked areas of your feet, cover with a pair of socks, and enjoy quick relief of dry, cracked skin. Remember to exfoliate your feet during your next bath or shower!
- Headaches – Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on your temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The mentholated scent will release pressure in your head and instantly relieve pain. Vicks VapoRub can be used in special types of humidifiers and vaporizers.
- Repel bugs – when you find yourself in a place full of mosquitoes, without a proper mosquito repellent, you can use Vicks to repel them. Just apply small dabs of Vicks to your skin and clothes and the smell of the menthol in it will repel the mosquitoes.
- Heal bruises and minor cuts – Vices vapor is very old and good method to heal contusion.Apply Vices on affected area with slight pressure. It works.
- Muscle ache – Vicks relieves sore, overworked muscles. It increases circulation and provides almost instant aid. Use a generous portion and apply it all over the aching area. (Be sure to warn your bedmate as the stench can ensure a nookie-free night.)
- Toenail fungus – Many people have had success with Vicks VapoRub. One study of 18 patients showed that 56 percent had partial improvement of signs and symptoms, and 17 percent saw no improvement. To use this method, apply a small amount of the product daily with a cotton swab.
- Keep animals at bay – If you want to keep your animals, especially your cats from your bed or your couch, try dabbing Vicks on the surface. Since cats hate the smell of menthol, they will definitely stay away from anything that smells of it.
- Earaches – This pain can make problems for the rest of the day, particularly when you are falling asleep. If you want to minimize the pain, dip a cotton in the gel and rub it gently throughout the night up until the pain goes away.