When dirt, dead skin cells, and other toxins clog pores, oil gets trapped beneath the skin, resulting in bacterial infections that cause acne breakouts on the face, neck, chest, and back. Acne is caused by hormonal imbalances, poor hygiene, poor diet, and other factors, and we all suffer from it at some point in our lives. Unfortunately, once breakouts heal, they leave scars that are hard to remove.
Although there are many commercial products out there that promise to get rid of acne lesions and clear the skin, they are usually costly and don’t always live to their promise especially given the fact that acne is a multifactorial condition. Baking soda acne treatment is one cheaper option that you may want to try before going on to the commercial treatments.
Honey acts as natural moisturizer which helps to fade the scars and promotes the regeneration and quick healing of skin. For best results, use raw honey.
- Mix equal quantities of organic honey and baking soda to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the scar affected areas.
- Massage the face for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place a warm washcloth on the paste for deep and quick penetration.
- When the cloth cools, use it to wipe away baking soda and honey mixture.
- Use this mask process regularly.