The health benefits of lime include weight loss, skin care, improved digestion, relief from constipation, eye care, and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums, urinary disorders, etc.
The health benefits of lemon include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits hair and skin care. Known for its therapeutic property since generations, lemons help to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier.
- Relieve heartburn: When it comes to lemon for reducing symptoms, there are some mixed signals. Some experts say that lemon and other citrus fruit increase the severity of acid reflux symptoms. Others tout the benefits of “home remedies” using lemon water.
- Asthma treatment: We don’t have scientific proof that the lemon juice can help with asthma, but the current proof of the health benefits of juice of lemon seems promising. Many years ago people drank lemon juice for many different health benefits, including treatment and prevention of asthma.
- Cholera treatment: Lemon is also helpful in treating cholera due to its antibacterial property. It can help destroy the harmful bacteria in the intestines and digestive system that cause cholera.
- Alleviate burning sole and heels: Lemon juice (although acidic in nature) is anionic and therefore produces an alkalizing effect on the body. This is important because the more alkaline your body is, the healthier it is. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Being alkaline also helps further the detoxification processes.
- Fight against common cold: Lemons are loaded with vitamin C, which is known to support the body’s natural defenses. Lemon (and lime) juice is reported to decrease the strength of the cold and flu virus in the body and reduce phlegm. Add lemon juice to your tea or make hot or cold lemonade with honey to stay well, build resistance to cold and flu, and speed up healing if you do succumb.
- Constipation problems: But treating constipation does not have to be expensive and can be done with lemons and water. Water is a natural lubricant that softens stool and promotes evacuation of the bowels.
- Improve digestion: Proponents say it promotes digestion, helps “alkalize” the body, and boosts your immunity.
- Soak and relax your feet: Boil enough water to cover feet. Pour in ingredients. Let water cool to a skin safe temperature. Soak feet 10-15 minutes or until water is no longer warm. Pat dry.
- Skin nourishing: Lemon juice is a popular treatment for acne, blemishes, and oily skin.
- Lower inflamed gums: Lemon will help disinfect the gums, and provide Vitamin C as well. As in the previous tip, mix it with warm water and then use it to rinse the mouth.
- Sore throat: Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 cup water for this home remedy for sore throats;
- Get rid of inflammatory problems: Lemon water significantly aids digestion and elimination, helping to prevent toxic build-up in the gut, leaky gut syndrome, and various other conditions which contribute to the production of allergens in the body, which cause inflammation and disrupt immune system function.
Other Sources Included: