The apple diet is not perfect but for some extreme dieters, it seems like the best way to go when it comes to helping you slim down. Whether you are in it for the apple diet cleanse that everyone is talking about full-circle or you are just looking for a way to lose weight fast like the 3 day apple diet, the apple diet may be the only option you have at your disposal as we speak.
Scientists from the American Association for Cancer Research, among others, agree that the consumption of flavonol-rich apples could help reduce your risk of developing pancreatic cancer by up to 23 per cent. Researchers at Cornell University have identified several compounds – triterpenoids – in apple peel that have potent anti-growth activities against cancer cells in the liver, colon and breast.
Apples, being rich in fiber, help in the digestive process. Regular consumption of apples ensures smooth bowel movements and helps in preventing constipation and various stomach disorders. Fiber is an important part of any diet. It adds bulk to the stool and helps food pass through the digestive tract smoothly. Furthermore, it stimulates peristaltic motion so the muscles contract appropriately and move food along.
Day 1– Apples– You can lose 2 to 3lb
During the diet, you have to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. The other foods from the diet plan should be low fat (low fat cheese, lean meat).
- Breakfast: 3 little or 2 big apples, lemon juice and a handful of nuts.
- Lunch: Salad with apples, onions and parsley.
Cut 3 big apples into pieces and put them in a bowl, then add 20 grams sliced parsley and 30 grams fresh sliced onions. Mix the components and put a boiled egg (cut on little pieces) on top of the salad.
- Dinner: 3 medium size apples
Day 2– Apples and rice– You can lose 2 to 3lb
The rice, chicken and apple diet lasts for nine days, divided into three parts of three days each. You eat only one of the three foods during each three day period, and can’t mix food items or include any additional foods. You also may not have any alcohol while on the diet. You can drink water, tea or coffee. However, no milk or sugar is allowed.
- Breakfast: 3 apples and 1 cup boiled rice with no salt included
- Lunch: Apples and rice
Wash the apples, peel them and cut them into pieces. Pour them with hot water and leave them to soften. Then add lemon juice. The rice is boiled separately. Mash the rice and apples together to get a porridge bowl.
- Dinner: 1 cup boiled rice without salt
Day 3– Apples and cheese– You can lose up to 4lb
A plate of mini sandwiches made from one medium apple and 1/4 cup of 1 percent cottage cheese has 135 calories, 7.5 grams of protein, 27 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fat.
- Breakfast: 2 apples and half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- Lunch: clean the apples and soak them in a bowl of water with a dash of lemon. Take a cup of low-fat cottage cheese and add 2tsp. of honey and some nuts per flavor mix it all and add the apples in the end.
- Dinner: 50 grams low-fat cow cheese
Day 4– Apples and carrots– You can lose up to 4lb
An apple and carrot diet lacks four vital nutrients: protein, fats, vitamin D and vitamin B-12. Your body stores vitamins D and B-12, so you won’t become deficient if you limit the length of the diet. A healthy diet includes essential fatty acids, such as omega-3 fatty acids from fish, walnuts and canola oil.
- Breakfast: 2 carrots and 1 big apple. Grate, mix and eat together.
- Lunch: Carrots and apples salad
Wash, peel and cut into pieces 1 big apple and 2 carrots. Add a teaspoon of honey and a little lemon.
- Dinner: 2 baked apples and 1 tablespoon of honey
Day 5– Carrots and beets– You can lose up to 4lb
Beets are very low in calories, and contain lots of fiber, leaving you feeling more satiated. This limits your consumption of other foods that could lead to weight gain.
- Breakfast: 1 boiled carrot and 1 piece of boiled beetroot
- Lunch: 1 boiled egg and 1 piece of boiled beetroot
- Dinner: Carrots in unlimited amounts with some honey per taste
Day 6– 7 Apples– You can lose 2 to 4lb
- Same menu as the first day!