Few plants are as cleansing as parsley. We use it to add flavor to lots of recipes, but it also has medicinal properties that are very effective for many ailments. And when combined with lemon juice, you get a great treatment for detoxing.
Parsley is well known for its skin lightening properties that can help reduce the appearance of dark spots and discolored skin on your face. It is also a beneficial acne treatment, particularly when used fresh.
Parsley can help your under eye skin heal. Any dark circles or bags you may have can benefit a lot from parsley, because it contains nutrients which dramatically reduce the darkness under the eyes. You can even make your own parsley under eye treatment at home!
- 2 tablespoons of parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml of water
- Pour 200 m of boiling water over the 2 tablespoons of freshly cut parsley leaves and simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the fire and leave it to cool off.
- When it is cold, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Store the mixture in a glass bottle.
Did you know that blemishes are often a result of liver problems? It just so happens that parsley is very effective at detoxifying your liver and kidneys. Parsley is also a very effective chlorophyll blood purifier which helps with detoxification of the kidneys and liver.
For the eyes:
- To create parsley under eye pack, chop a handful of parsley roughly and squish it to release its juice.
- Mix it with one teaspoon of yogurt and apply it on the under eye region.
- Or you can even soak cotton balls in parsley juice and keep it under the eyes for 10 minutes.