In winter, we are more susceptible to cold or flu-type infections. To prevent and treat these health discomforts, it is good to have effective solutions to relieve coughs and loosen mucus in the lungs. Here is a very effective grandmother’s recipe, made with carrots and honey, to help you deal with them.
A popular grandma recipe, both for adults and children
Having a cold or flu is never very pleasant: you have a fever, runny nose, coughing continuously. In short, you’re sick because your immune system is weakened. In these circumstances, you need to take care of your health by taking products that will relieve cough and promote sputum (mucus). For that, here is a very popular grandmother’s remedy with no risk to your health or that of your children, made with carrots and honey.
What are the ingredients of this grandmother’s recipe?
The carrot is one of the most beneficial vegetables for health! Rich in antioxidants, carrot juice naturally lowers blood pressure. Studies show that carrots can reduce the risk of heart disease, the cause of high blood pressure. Due to beta-carotene and potassium, carrot also promotes blood circulation in the body to better enhance immunity. It is advised to use fresh carrot juice because it contains high content of essential nutrients.
The carrot has other health benefits:
- stimulates immune system and prevents heart disease
- reduces blood cholesterol
- prevents development of cancer
- reduces and prevents acne
- increases quality of the epidermis
- it is rich in calcium
- stimulates digestive functions
- detoxifies the body
How to prepare this grandmother’s recipe to treat coughs and loosen mucus?
- ½ kg carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons of organic honey
- Cut the carrots and boil them in water until soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drain the carrots but do not throw the water. Let it cool.
- Then, mash the carrots with a fork or with a food processor.
- Add the honey with carrot water. Stir well to dissolve the honey.
- Add this mixture to the mashed carrots.
- Your anti-cough syrup is ready.
- Keep it in a cool place.
Take 3 to 4 teaspoons of this natural syrup throughout the day. You will see the benefits of this mixture only after a few days: your cough will be reduced and mucus released.