People suffering from osteoarthritis sometimes find their salvation in the natural ingredients they use as medicines. Osteoarthritis is one of the diseases commonly treated with natural foods or ingredients such as turmeric. However, it has been scientifically proven that eating healthy foods strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of many ailments.
Turmeric is an exceptional spice, known and used in Chinese medicine for over 4000 years. It is among the top 5 antioxidant plant in the world. This richness in antioxidants, including curcumin, gives it medicinal properties to prevent several types of cancer and protect digestive organs.
Turmeric is also a powerful natural anti-inflammatory agent, used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases, cystic fibrosis and osteoarthritis.
In order for turmeric to be effective, it is essential to use the recommended dosage for each of its forms:
- dried, powdered root, 1 to 3 grams per day;
- Fluid extract (1: 1), 30 to 90 drops a day
- Tincture (1: 2): 15 to 30 drops, 4 times per day
- Cur root: 3 to 5 grams per day
- Standard Powder (curcumin): 400 to 600mg, three times per day
This highly beneficial ingredient for the health can be easily integrated under one of the forms mentioned above, in the daily diet of people with osteoarthritis to help reduce inflammation and pain.
Turmeric is also used as an ingredient in healthy beverages. Thus, people who suffer from osteoarthritis can simply add it in their juices. Here is a recipe for delicious and effective juice that helps to reduce inflammation. It contains turmeric and many other ingredients, which when mixed, reduce inflammation caused by osteoarthritis.
- 5 to 7 cm of ginger root
- 10 to 12 cm turmeric cut roots
- 2 lemons
- 5 carrots
- 1 orange
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of basil powder (2 if basil is used fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, powder
In a juicer or blender, put the carrots, lemons, orange, cucumber, turmeric and ginger, then add the basil and cayenne pepper. Mix all ingredients and pour into a glass. Your juice is ready!
By consuming this juice, people with osteoarthritis will notice the following benefits:
- It reduces inflammation;
- It increases the energy level;
- It stimulates weight loss;
- It treats other diseases.
It is easy to incorporate turmeric into daily eating routine
Several studies attest that turmeric is extremely beneficial when it comes to reducing inflammation caused by osteoarthritis, and is even more effective when added to the patient’s daily diet.
However, it important to know that there are some constraints regarding some ingredients of this recipe:
- Turmeric: not recommended for people with gallbladder disease.
- Ginger: not recommended for pregnant women and people with diabetes, or suffering from blood diseases.
- Cayenne pepper: to be avoided by people allergic to chili or suffer from hemorrhoids or irritable bowel syndrome.