Did you know that certain moods such as anger or sadness can seriously affect your body? According to the Chinese medicine, too intense emotions can cause many diseases. Here is how emotions can affect your body.
Traditional Chinese medicine is a set of theories and practices that focus on the human and health. This medicine is based on the following principles:
- A philosophical and symbolic base
- Studies of the heart, body and mind as a whole
- The health of a body depends on various factors which are interconnected
- It is based on the observation of living
This practice’s main objective is to maintain good health and prevent disease. Chinese medicine also helps to treat various disorders including digestive, neurological, skin, respiratory, hormonal, emotional… disorders.
Moreover, according to this medicine, emotion should be moderate and stable so that it cannot weaken the body and cause illness. Indeed, when emotion is too intense or oppressive, the balance is broken and can injure organs and cause illness.
Generally, there are five external causes and 7 internal causes of illness:
Internal causes emotions 7:
External causes are cold, humidity, wind, heat and drought. When these climatic conditions are excessive, the organism is struggling to support them because they attack the mouth, nose or skin tract. For example, the combination of cold and wind can cause illnesses such as colds or flu.
These emotions are each linked to five organs:
- Anger is related to the liver
- The joy is linked to heart
- Anxiety is linked to the lungs
- The concerns are related to the spleen
- The sadness is related to the lungs
- Fear is linked to kidneys
- Terror is linked to kidneys
These emotions are also linked to the 5 elements, for the followers of Chinese medicine believe that every element, namely earth, water, air, fire and metal, is present in the human body:
- The joy is linked to fire
- Sadness and anxiety are linked to the metal
- Fear and terror are linked to water
- Concerns are related to earth
- Anger is related to the air
Therefore, for good health, it is advisable to keep a balance between these elements. Anger or constant fear can affect the liver or kidneys, so it is important to control your emotional expressions. Here are some signs that may indicate health conditions:
- Red eyes can indicate liver related problems
- Hoarse voice may indicate that the energy in the lungs is low
- Yellowish skin color can indicate anemia and a lack of energy in the spleen.
According to the Chinese medicine, the kidneys are the most important organs and represents the center of the body’s energy. As for the liver, doctors feel that the wind is living in this organ and can at times cause headaches and dizziness.
It is therefore essential to manage your emotions, to optimize your vitality and prevent serious diseases. Because when poorly managed, they can cause malfunction of the liver and kidneys, disrupting the blood and energy flow in the body.