Black dots are spread on your face. You’re tired of trying to hide under the makeup, in vain. Here is a simple and highly effective trick that will help you to get rid of blackheads.
The black spots that usually appear on the nose, cheeks and chin, are in fact only clogged sebaceous glands. Their dark color comes from accumulated dust, dirt, cosmetics and bacteria.
Blackheads are harmless until they get infected. That is why this cosmetic problem must be removed, preferably using non-aggressive methods to avoid the risk of irritation.
The method that we offer here is painless and extremely effective in reducing the size of pores, removing of excess of sebum – fat produced in the skin – and preventing the onset of acne.
How to remove blackheads from your face using a toothbrush?
- Take an unused toothbrush or sterilize old one by boiling it in water for 5 minutes;
- Before you start with the treatment, take a steam bath on your face for 10 to 15 minutes, leaning over a pan of hot water infused with chamomile or mint. This will help you expand and unclog your pores that will facilitate the process of removing blackheads. The steam bath will also help you to relax;
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the affected areas and leave it for 5 minutes;
- Using your toothbrush, gently brush your skin;
- Rinse off the toothpaste with warm water and dry your face before applying a toner;
- Disinfect your toothbrush after each use;
- Repeat this process once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your skin.
Do not forget to moisturize your skin right after. It’s hydration that helps keep a healthy and bright skin. It also prevents skin aging.
If you are wondering why to use toothpaste, it is simply because most toothpaste contains ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and alcohol which are more effective together than other preparations for removing blackheads.
However, be aware that all toothpastes are not beneficial to the skin. So be careful while selecting toothpaste, and prefer toothpaste that does not contain many abrasives or mint. Toothpastes that you should prefer are those based on herbs, such as sage or chamomile, which are more suitable to the delicate skin of your face.